Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus (codename: A6020) launched in May 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo. If you can’t wait to try the new Android 9.0 Pie, then here you can try this custom ROM based on AOSP Android 9.0 Pie for Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus known as AOSPExtended. Now you can download and install AOSPExtended for Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus (A6020).
Talking about the specifications, Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus features a 5.0-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8939v2 Snapdragon 616 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB internal memory. The camera on the Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus comes with 13MP and 5MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Removable Li-Ion 2750 mAh battery.
What is AOSPExtended ROM
AOSP Extended is an AOSP based ROM which provides stock UI/UX with various customizations features along with the Substratum theme engine. The project has been made by cherry-picking various commits from various other projects. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth and lag-free experience out of the box.
AOSP Extended is based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The focus of the ROM is not on the UI; it’s about making more features available for the smartphone with regular updates and support.
Here we have both the Android 9.0 Pie and 8.1 Oreo supported AOSPExtended ROM. You can now download and install the latest AOSPExtended for Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus based on Android 9.0 Pie and 8.1 Oreo. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
What’s on AOSPExtended 8.1 Oreo?
To learn what’s on AOSPExtended 8.1 Oreo, watch our complete review video about the same:Watch the video about AOSPExtended 8.1 Oreo Review
- Download and Update Havoc OS on Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus
- Download and Install Lineage OS 16 on Lenovo Vibe K5/Plus (Android 9.0 Pie)
- Update Liquid Remix Oreo on Lenovo Vibe K5/Plus based Android 8.1 Oreo
- Update AOSVP ViperOS Oreo on Lenovo Vibe K5/Plus (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Download and Install Bootleggers ROM on Lenovo Vibe K5/Plus [8.1 Oreo]
- Update CarbonROM on Lenovo Vibe K5/Plus based on Android 8.1 Oreo
Steps to Install AOSPExtended for Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus
To install any custom ROM, you need to follow the pre-required details.
- Supported: Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download Lenovo USB Drivers.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock bootloader on your device.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus [Watch Video]
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download ROM and Gapps package
ROM Package Gapps Package Android 8.1 Oreo – Official Download Android Oreo Gapps Android 9.0 Pie [Credits: Harry8242] Download Gapps: Android 9.0 Pie Gapps || or try Open Gapps 9.0
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, Download and move the both ROM and Gapps zip file to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the AOSPExtended zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the AOSPExtended on your Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- Now confirm by swiping
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy!
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AOSPExtended for Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.