Books are one of the best friends of a human if we take it seriously and make book reading a hobby in our daily life. Now, if you’re an iPhone 11 series device user and love to read books or ebooks then the Apple Books app is only for you. If you don’t know, the Apple Books was known for iBooks previously. The Apple Books app works really well on the iPhone. However, if you’re facing issues with Books app, check out How to fix iBooks or Apple Books not working on Apple iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max.
By using the Apple Books app, you can explore a wide range of ebooks directly from the app. You will get all the collections based on categories, titles, authors, best-selling, fiction, non-fiction, etc. Therefore, users can easily download and start reading the preferred ebooks. Additionally, you can listen to audiobooks, manage your own library, and more. It’s also worth mentioning that an active internet connection is required for smoother user experience. Though that’s not the case every time.
- How to fix iBooks or Apple Books not working on Apple iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max
- 1. Refresh Internet Connection
- 2. Check Pending Books App Update
- 3. Reset Network Settings on your iPhone
- 4. Force Close Books App and Retry to fix Apple Books not working on iPhone 11
- 5. Check App Restrictions
- 6. Log Out & Log In back to the Apple/iCloud Account
- 7. Offload Books App and Revert Again to fix Apple Books not working on iPhone 11
- 8. Check for the latest Software Update (iOS)
How to fix iBooks or Apple Books not working on Apple iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max
Now, if in case, the Books app isn’t working properly on your iPhone 11 or 11 Pro or 11 Pro Max handset, then you should follow some of the possible solutions below in order to fix it.
1. Refresh Internet Connection
- Go to the device Settings > turn on the Airplane Mode toggle.
- After waiting for around 10-15 seconds, tap on the Airplane Mode toggle again to turn it off.
- Now, enable the Wi-Fi network or mobile data.
Once done, you should check the Books app whether it’s working fine or not. If not, then follow the next step.
2. Check Pending Books App Update
- Go to the App Store > tap on the User Profile icon on the upper-right corner.
- Now, if the Books app update is available, then you will see the Update option next to the Books app under the Available Updates section.
- Just tap on the Update button and wait for the progress bar to complete.
- That’s it. Now, open the Books app and check it.
3. Reset Network Settings on your iPhone
- Launch the Settings menu on your iPhone > Select General > Select Reset.
- Tap on Reset Network Settings.
- If required, you will need to enter the passcode and proceed to confirm it.
- Once done, simply restart your iPhone.
4. Force Close Books App and Retry to fix Apple Books not working on iPhone 11
- First of all, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause to open the app preview cards.
- Now, from the app switcher, navigate to the Books app preview.
- Swipe up the Books app preview card to close it forcefully.
- Next, reboot your handset and retry using the Books app.
5. Check App Restrictions
- Head over to the Settings menu on your iPhone.
- Tap on Screen Time > go to the Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- If required, enter the Screen Time password to continue.
- Turn off the Content & Privacy Restrictions option for the Apple Books app.
- Now, open the Books app and check again for the issue.
6. Log Out & Log In back to the Apple/iCloud Account
- Go to the iPhone Settings > tap on user details at the top > tap on Sign Out.
- If prompted, enter the Apple ID password and tap on Turn Off.
- Next, tap on Sign Out once again to confirm.
- After signing out, reboot your iPhone.
- Then sign in to your iCloud account again.
Alternatively, you can also set up a new iCloud account if you want from the device Settings > iCloud option. But make sure to remove the existing iCloud account at first from your device.
7. Offload Books App and Revert Again to fix Apple Books not working on iPhone 11
- From the iPhone’s home screen, tap on the Settings menu.
- Tap on General > select iPhone Storage.
- Scroll down and select Books from the list.
- Tap on the Offload App to free up the storage and clear the app cache as well.
- Once done, reboot your handset.
- Then follow the same steps to Onload the Books app again.
- Additionally, you can fully delete the Books app and then reinstall it.
8. Check for the latest Software Update (iOS)
If nothing works for your device, then you can also check for the software update on your iPhone via the Settings > General > Software Update.
It will automatically check for the latest iOS updates. If available, make sure to download and install the latest update by using the Wi-Fi connection. Once done, try checking the Books app again.
We hope that this troubleshooting guide was helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.