Gaming computers are great for video editing, as they often have processors that are powerful enough to produce high-quality video content.
In addition, most gaming PCs have graphics processors, the power of which allows you to play video of any format and use various special effects that were created on a computer.
Gaming PCs have enough RAM, so when editing video on a gaming PC, you don’t have to worry about how fast the processing will be because with a powerful processor, you can create high-quality video content in a few minutes.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Gaming PC for Video Editing
When choosing a powerful PC that will help you edit videos, you need to pay attention not only to general characteristics but also to some fundamental aspects that not every gaming PC has. When choosing a good PC that is suitable for fast and high-quality video editing, it is important to pay attention to such characteristics:
- RAM. It is important to choose a computer with a large amount of RAM. Standard gaming PCs have up to 16 GB of memory. This amount is enough to edit videos and files using low resolution.
- Number of Cores. The large number of cores that are in the processor allows you to quickly display your video after the end of the editing process. To find out the number of cores, you need to look at the specifications of the processor, often these data are indicated in capital letters, so it will not be difficult for you to find them.
- Solid State Drives. Faster drives make your entire computer run easier and faster. Even though most people ignore this point, for successful video editing, you need to consider its presence.
- Video card. An Nvidia graphics card is a very useful thing in video editing because it increases the efficiency of your workflow and results in a high-quality video created in a short time.
List of the Best Video Editing Pcs
When choosing a good gaming computer to use for video editing, you need to pay attention to many characteristics that will help make video content of high quality and interesting, while not sitting at the screen for several hours. To make your selection process easier, we’ve taken a deep dive into the specs and identified three of the best PCs to use for video editing:
- OMEN 30L. This gaming PC has an NVIDIA GPU, an Intel processor, 32GB RAM, and 1TB storage. These characteristics allow you to run more files at the same time and edit videos with high quality. Given that the computer has enough memory, you can smoothly edit videos without putting in a lot of effort.
- Alienware Aurora R13. The computer has an NVIDIA GPU, an Intel Core processor, 16 GB of RAM, and 512 GB of storage. This computer is great for video editing for those who do not need too much power but need good material, the ability to add subtitles to video for free, and a high-quality editing result. When editing videos on this PC, you will be pleasantly surprised by the speed of the process.
- iBUYPOWER Pro. The PC has an NVIDIA GPU, an Intel i5 processor, 16GB RAM, and 480GB storage. This version of the computer is the most inexpensive and not as powerful as the previous ones, but despite this, it will be able to satisfy the needs of editing video content and achieve high-quality results.
Gaming PCs are great for video editing. The main thing you should pay attention to when choosing a suitable computer is the characteristics due to which you can successfully edit videos and get high-quality results. By choosing the perfect PC, you will be able to quickly and easily edit your video content and make sure that the majority of viewers will be delighted to watch!