Asus Rog Phone 2 (I001D) smartphone was launched in July 2019. The phone came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie. Now you can install the Custom ROM called ArrowOS on Asus Rog Phone 2 based on Android 11.
To install ArrowOS on Asus Rog Phone 2, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new ArrowOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of ArrowOS.
The ROG Phone II comes with a 6.59-inches Full-HD+ AMOLED display along with 1080×2340 pixels resolution. It has a 120Hz screen refresh rate, 1ms response time, and supports 10-bit HDR content as well. It’s powered by an octa-core 2.9GHz Snapdragon 855 Plus SoC, coupled with up to 12GB of LPDDR4X RAM. While the handset features 128GB/512GB UFS 3.0 onboard storage options. The ROG Phone 2 features a 48MP primary camera with a secondary 13MP wide-angle sensor which offers a 125-degrees field-of-view. The rear camera setup also offers an LED flash, HDR, PDAF, Panorama, etc. While the front sports a 24MP selfie camera with AI modes like Portrait, AI Scene Detection, etc. It runs on ROG UI based on Android 9.0 Pie out-of-the-box which can be replaced with Stock like Android UI. It features the dual front-facing stereo speakers with DTS: X Ultra support.
Table of Contents
What is ArrowOS?
ArrowOS is a new Custom ROM and it is AOSP inspired open-source project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat. The ROM brings almost the same feature which is very useful for the ROM customization and at the end aiming to deliver smooth performance with better battery life. ArrowOS is developed and managed by Bauuuuu, Ganesh Verma, Kuber Sharma.
ArrowOS 11.0 based on Androd 11
Well, Android 11, Google’s 11th iteration looks similar to Android 10 but with a handful of new features and changes. The update brings notification history, Chat bubbles, Conversation notifications, screen recorder, new media controls, smart device controls, one-time permission, improved dark theme with the scheduling system, app suggestions, wireless android auto, and many more. For more, check out our article Android 11 supported list, Android 11 Custom ROM list, best Android 11 features, and many more.
Steps to Install ArrowOS on Asus Rog Phone 2:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Asus Rog Phone 2
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Asus USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Asus Rog Phone 2.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Asus Rog Phone 2. [Watch Video]
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Asus Rog Phone 2.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded ArrowOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy ArrowOS on Asus Rog Phone 2.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the ArrowOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Asus Rog Phone 2 based on Android 10 Q
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Asus ROG Phone 2 and root it easily
- List of Best Custom ROM for Asus Rog Phone 2 [Updated]
- Download and install AOSP Android 10 Q for Asus ROG Phone 2
- Common Asus Rog Phone 2 Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- ASUS ROG Phone 2 Stock Firmware Collection [Back to Stock ROM/Flash File]