Xiaomi Redmi 6A (cactus) launched in June 2018. The handset came with Android 8.1 Oreo and later upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie. Now you can install the Custom ROM called ArrowOS on Redmi 6A. The ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie. Full Credits to the developer and the team behind ArrowOS.
To install ArrowOS on Redmi 6A , your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new ArrowOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of ArrowOS.
Before we discuss how to clear App data on Xiaomi Redmi 6A, let us know about the specs of the device. Xiaomi Redmi 6A features a 5.45 inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels. The device is powered by Mediatek Helio A22 (12 nm) processor. The handset packs 16/32GB variant with 2/3GB of RAM. Xiaomi Redmi 6A sports a Single rear camera with 13MP camera and Single Selfie camera with 5MP depth camera. The smartphone is running on Android 8.1 Oreo under MIUI 9.0 software package and backed by 3000 mAh battery.
Table of Contents
What is ArrowOS?
ArrowOS is a new Custom ROM and it is AOSP inspired open source project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat. The ROM brings almost the same feature which is very useful for the ROM customization and at the end aiming to deliver smooth performance with better battery life. ArrowOS is developed and managed by Bauuuuu, Ganesh Verma, Kuber Sharma.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
- Xiaomi Redmi 6 and 6A Stock Firmware Collections [Back To Stock ROM]
- How to Install Official TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 6A and Root it
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Xiaomi Redmi 6A based on Android 10 Q
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Xiaomi Redmi 6A
Steps to Install ArrowOS on Redmi 6A:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Redmi 6A (cactus)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
- ArrowOS zip file: Download / Mirror
- Download latest Gapps file:
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Redmi 6A.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Redmi 6A. [Watch Video]
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Redmi 6A.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded ArrowOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy ArrowOS on Redmi 6A (cactus).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk Pie.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the ArrowOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Common Problems and solutions of Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads