With a fifth-generation AMD Ryzen 9 CPU and a compact chassis, the Asus ROG Flow X133 offers impressive gaming performance, impressive CPU-centric speed, and an attractive design. Furthermore, you can bring your gameplay to the next level by using a special RTX 3080 eGPU option. But this device is not free from technical glitches. Yes, recently, many users reported that the Asus ROG Flow X13 is not turning on for them. Well, it’s very annoying, but no need to worry as we have some fixes to this. So, let’s check them out.
- Why is My Asus ROG Flow X13 Not Turning On?
- How to Fix Asus ROG Flow X13 Not Turning On
- Fix 1: Restart Your Asus ROG
- Fix 2: Diagnose Screen Issues
- Fix 3: Disconnect External devices
- Fix 4: Check The Battery And Power Supply
- Fix 5: Hard Reset Your Laptop
- Fix 6: CMOS Battery
- Fix 7: Restore BIOS Settings to Default
- Fix 8: Disconnect All External Devices
- Fix 9: Enter Safe Mode
- Fix 10: Connect With an External Display
- Fix 11: Clean Cooling Vents
Why is My Asus ROG Flow X13 Not Turning On?
Sometimes, your Asus ROG laptop does not turn on: it shows a black or blue screen when you press the power button, or it does not power on at all. If the battery on your laptop tuns out or if the laptop is damaged, you won’t be able to turn it on even when you press the power button. If your external hardware conflicts with your computer system, you might not be able to turn on your laptop.
How to Fix Asus ROG Flow X13 Not Turning On
So, here are some fixes that will help you resolve the Asus ROG Flow X13 not turning on the issue:
Fix 1: Restart Your Asus ROG
When an electronic device is not turning on, a simple restart usually solves the problem. It’s a good idea to do this so that your OS can begin fresh and minor problems can be resolved. There may be a minor problem while loading programs that prevent the Asus ROG Flow X13 from turning on. If you restart the laptop, you will be able to reload the programs, so the problem should be resolved.
Fix 2: Diagnose Screen Issues
If your computer’s fan and power light is on and the screen is dark, it is possible that the screen is the problem. To check your screen, follow these steps:
- It is a good idea to disconnect all external devices from your computer before starting it up in order to prevent interference with its startup process.
- You can see if the screen appears very faintly at night when you turn off the lights during the day. YEs, you may be able to increase the screen brightness on your laptop. When this doesn’t work, you may need to replace your screen’s inverter.
If you connect a VGA, HDMI, or DisplayPort monitor to your external monitor, you can observe whether the screen is in good condition.
Fix 3: Disconnect External devices
There might be a problem starting your Asus laptop if it is connected to an external device. You may encounter hardware conflicts with your Asus ROG Flow X13 laptop if you use some external devices. Follow these steps to get started:
- Turn off your laptop.
- Remove all external devices, including USB drivers and docking stations.
When your laptop fails to turn on normally, you must identify the cause of the problem. It is recommended that you connect one hardware device at a time and restart your laptop once it has been powered off. After plugging in another device, you should update the drivers for that device in order to fix the issue.
Fix 4: Check The Battery And Power Supply
Make sure the Asus ROG Flow X13’s battery and power supply have not been damaged before replacing the two. Usually, a defective power supply causes a laptop not to start. If you are sure that the charging outlet is working, follow these steps to determine whether it is a battery problem:
- Turn off the Asus ROG Flow X13, and remove the battery.
- Inspect the outlets to see if they are functioning properly.
- To connect your laptop to the outlet, use the power cable. It means you need to replace your battery if your laptop starts up. In addition, you need to replace the battery if it is dead on your computer.
In this case, Asus ROG might also have boot errors. It is recommended that you replace the CMOS battery on your unbootable Asus ROG Flow X13 in order to resolve the not turning on problem. But do not try it on your own; take help from an expert.
Fix 5: Hard Reset Your Laptop
Some people have reported success with this method when experiencing the same issue with their Asus ROG Flow X13 not turning on. Here are the steps you need to take:
- Turn off the laptop.
- After that, ensure that all external devices are unplugged from your laptop.
- Afterward, remove the battery and disconnect the power cable from the computer.
- You must hold the power button for about 30 seconds before releasing it.
- To power the computer, you will need a power supply (power adapter).
- Press the power button to turn on your laptop. Then, replace the battery.
Fix 6: CMOS Battery
In the motherboard of your laptop, there is a CMOS battery that stores the BIOS settings for your laptop. As it plays a vital role in the operation of your laptop, it is crucial for its turn-on and turn-off. After being unused for a long time, your laptop’s CMOS battery may become damaged. If your laptop doesn’t turn on, it may also be due to a CMOS battery malfunction. You should replace them as soon as possible.
Fix 7: Restore BIOS Settings to Default
When your Asus laptop doesn’t start after installing a new patch update of Windows or going into sleep mode automatically, you can restore the BIOS settings to their defaults. To restore these settings, hold down the Power key for five seconds. Now that your laptops have booted up, they will begin to operate. Follow these steps to restore your Asus ROG Flow X13’s factory BIOS settings if it will not turn on even when it is plugged in:
- Hold the Power button for at least five seconds.
- Turn on your computer.
- Hold down the F10 key until you see the BIOS Settings screen.
- After that, press F9 and select Yes.
- To restore the BIOS settings to their defaults, simply hit Enter.
- If you are having trouble booting up the Asus ROG Flow X13, you should check to see if the problem has been resolved.
Fix 8: Disconnect All External Devices
Asus ROG Flow X13 sometimes does not turn on when connected to a USB, DVD, or Memory Card. Your laptop can suffer hardware problems if you use certain gadgets.
- Make sure the laptop is turned on if it isn’t already.
- Disconnect all external devices from your computer, including your printer, USB drive, and docking station.
- Depending on the severity of the problem, your computer may need to be shut down.
- After you have connected the hardware, you will need to install the software.
- Using the Power button, you must start your laptop.
- You might be able to turn on ROG Flow X13 now if the problem with it not turning on has been resolved.
Fix 9: Enter Safe Mode
Even if you cannot turn on your Asus ROG Flow X13 and the power light is on, you can still use it in safe mode. If your original account is corrupted, you can create a new one by starting in safe mode and removing all problematic programs and drivers.
- Once external disks and devices have been removed from the computer, restart it.
- Before the Asus or Window Logo appears, press the F8 key repeatedly.
- Make sure that Safe Mode with Networking is selected if prompted.
Fix 10: Connect With an External Display
Once all external components have been removed from your laptop, check its power indicator. You may need to replace the screen if you hear the machine’s fan or other noises since the fault may be in the screen. You should contact the manufacturer of your laptop to get a replacement screen.
If you think your Asus ROG FLow X13’s screen is damaged, you may be wrong. You can diagnose a laptop screen problem by checking the brightness button and connecting an external monitor to it with a VGA cable.
Fix 11: Clean Cooling Vents
When the cooling vents aren’t cleaned properly, laptops can overheat, and the power supply can malfunction, resulting in damage. If your Asus ROG Flow X13 is not turning on, clean its cooling vents.
Also Read: Fix: macOS 14 Sonoma WiFi Not Working Issue
So, that’s how to fix if the Asus ROG Flow X13 is not turning on. It’s our hope that you find this article helpful. But, in case you still face problems with your Flow X13, comment below and let us know. Also, if you like this guide, don’t forget to share it with your loved ones.