Are you seeking the Baldur’s Gate 3 Act 1 Checklist? The recently released RPG is one of the best-selling games on Steam, owing to its long early access period, where it topped the charts on Steam and GOG.com. Even the devs, Larian Studios, have claimed that the game sales have exceeded their expectations since players have been having a blast. The game has a lot to explore, so you’ll likely need a checklist. This guide will take you through the Baldur’s Gate 3 Act 1 Checklist.
Baldur’s Gate 3 will easily take up hundreds of hours of your time, so you’ll need to know what you’re getting into. You can create your character and form parties with your friends or NPCs to explore the game’s main story. You’ll be fighting many monsters through the game’s turn-based combat system, which is based on Dungeons and Dragons. The world is massive, so you’ll need all the help you can get to explore every nook and cranny. Let’s find out what it entails in the Baldur’s Gate 3 Act 1 Checklist.
- Checklist for Baldur’s Gate 3 Act 1
- I. Onboard Nautiloid:
- II. Nautiloid Crash:
- III. Emerald Grove – Near Or In Druid’s Grove:
- IV. Emerald Grove – Blighted Village:
- V. Emerald Grove – The Risen Road:
- VI. Emerald Grove – Waukeen’s Rest:
- VII. Emerald Grove – Goblin Camp:
- VIII. Emerald Grove – Putrid Bog/Riverside Teahouse:
- IX. Underdark – In the Underdark:
- X. Underdark – Grymforge:
- XI. Mountain Pass:
Checklist for Baldur’s Gate 3 Act 1
As there’s a lot to do in this game, it’s important that you don’t miss some of the vital quests that you need to complete in order to finish the main story of Act 1. There are also items and companions that you can come across, if you take the right path. With the help of our Baldur’s Gate 3 Act 1 Checklist, you’ll be well on your way to become a better adventurer.
It should take you around 60 hours to complete Baldur’s Gate 3 Act 1, including all of the sidequests, items and companions, several of which you can easily miss out on if you’re not paying close attention. So, without further ado, here’s the Baldur’s Gate 3 Act 1 Checklist that you can follow as you play the game.
I. Onboard Nautiloid:
1. Save the brain.
2. Free Shadowheart (this is necessary in order to recruit her as a companion).
3. Defeat Commander Zhalk and get his sword.
II. Nautiloid Crash:
1. Free Lae’zel and recruit her as a companion.
2. Find Astarion and recruit him as a companion.
3. Wake up Shadowheart and recruit her as a companion.
4. Free Gale from the rift and recruit him as a companion.
5. To communicate with dead people and animals, unlock Speak With Dead and Talk With Animal spells. You will need these often in the game.
6. Explore Dank Crypt which is located East of your starting point to look for Withers. Withers will allow you to change your class at any time while at camp for a fee of 100 Gold.
III. Emerald Grove – Near Or In Druid’s Grove:
1. Visit Druid’s Grove and meet Will, who trains children with swords. You need to ask him to join you as a companion.
2. Talk to Volo to make him move to the Goblin Camp. Then, rescue him from the Goblin Camp and he’ll join your party.
3. Speak with Khaga and Rath to learn about Khaga’s plan for the ritual. Rath will request you to save Halsin.
4. Speak to the Strange Ox at Druid’s Grove.
5. Talk to Alfira to learn how to play an instrument.
6. Speak to Dammon, who is needed for Karlach’s companion quest after recruiting him.
7. Save the Tiefling from the Bugbear Assassin.
8. Rescue the child from the Harpies. It can be found to the Northeast of the Grove’s heart; keep going until you hear singing.
9. Beware of the Cultists who will ambush you near the Grove.
IV. Emerald Grove – Blighted Village:
1. Find the blueprints for the Masterwork Weapon at the blacksmith’s home and complete them.
2. Locate the book called “Necromancy of Thay”.
3. Defeat the Astral Spider Queen and her children by climbing into the well.
4. Rescue Barcus the Gnome from the Goblins and the Windmill.
5. Find Scratch the Dog, who is wandering outside of the village, and guide him back to your camp.
6. Either defeat or recruit the trio of Ogres.
7. In the barn on the North side of town, there is an “interesting” scene involving a Bugbear and an Ogre.
8. There is a cave outside of the village that contains an Owlbear and its cub, which you can interact with.
V. Emerald Grove – The Risen Road:
1. Find and hire Karlach. You can find her at the end of the river, over a log.
2. Assist Karlach in defeating the Fake Paladins that are pursuing her.
VI. Emerald Grove – Waukeen’s Rest:
1. Follow the Flaming Fist knights and clear the barred door. you will need to do this to rescue survivors from a burning building.
2. Find Zhentarim survivors fighting enemies, save them, and get the Missing Shipment quest.
3. In the Northwest of Waukeen’s Rest, locate the entrance to the Zhentarim hideout.
4. Free the artist in the Zhentarim Hideout. You’ll see him again in Baldur’s Gate.
VII. Emerald Grove – Goblin Camp:
1. Find Halsin in the Sanctum and free him from prison. The prison is located to the West side of the Sanctum.
2. Rescue Volo.
3. Talk to the priest of Loviatar, who can be found on the East side of the Sanctum.
4. Halsin will ask you to defeat the three Goblin Leaders, also known as the “True Souls.”
5. Race the Owlbear and save it from the Goblins. The Owlbear will later appear in your camp.
VIII. Emerald Grove – Putrid Bog/Riverside Teahouse:
1. Rescue Mayrina and defeat Auntie Ethel.
2. Confront the Monster Hunter, who is following Astarion.
IX. Underdark – In the Underdark:
1. Find the Selunite outpost.
2. Retrieve Phalar Aluve, a sword stuck in a stone.
3. Find the Arcane Tower and explore it.
4. Destroy the Stool of Mysterious Strength in Arcane Tower to get a rare Club.
5. Look for the dog’s grave near the Arcane Tower and leave flowers on it.
6. Find the Festering Cove opposite the Arcane Tower, where fish-people worship a false god.
7. Interact with the Gith Disk in Arcane Tower, then show it to Lae’zel.
8. Look for the petrified Drow. You will need to defeat the Spectator to proceed.
9. Locate the Myconid Colony and decide whether to assist the Myconic or the Duergar.
10. Assist Gut in defeating the Duergar, then decide to befriend or betray Gut.
11. Find Thulla the Gnome in the Myconid Colony and cure her ailment with an Antidote.
12. Find Baelan and save him from the explosive mushrooms.
13. Pick a rare mushroom where you saved Baelan and give it to him to restore his memory, or give it to Shadowheart to unlock a special memory for her.
14. Meet Omellum in the Myconid Colony. He will give you a ring so that you can shield your mind from the tadpole.
15. Find Sussur Bark in the Blighted Village for the Masterwork Weapon.
16. Find Icy Metal, Icy Heave, and Icy Crystal, then craft the Mourning Frost Staff.
17. Defeat Nere. You will need to bring his head to the Myconid.
X. Underdark – Grymforge:
1. Get the Sergeant’s boots.
2. Rescue the Grymforge Gnomes and return to Thulla at the Myconic Colony.
3. Discover the Runepowder Gnome in the hidden kitchen area.
4. Locate the Adamantine Forge and two Mithril Ore pieces. Defeat Grym in combat by luring him onto the hammer platform using one character and operating the lever with the other character to drop the hammer on him.
5. Assist the monk who has been cursed.
XI. Mountain Pass:
1. Find and investigate the Githyanki Creche, a long section related to Lae’Zel’s quest.
2. Take a Githyanki egg from the woman in the past.
3. Look for the Blood of Lathander mace.
4. Talk to Elminster at the entrance of the Shadow-Cursed Lands. This is part of Gale’s quest.
That’s all for our Baldur’s Gate 3 Act 1 Checklist guide. We hope this will help you in your 60-hour quest of completing Act 1 more cohesively. The game has just been released, so make sure you’re not too far behind by catching up with the rest of the players. Now that you know what to do for Baldur’s Gate 3 Act 1 with this checklist, go out there and complete all the quests.