BeamNG.drive is a 2013’s vehicle driving simulation video game that has been developed and published by BeamNG GmbH. It offers soft-body physics that simulates realistic handling and damage to vehicles. Even after so many years, the game seems to be in the early access stage and may have multiple bugs or issues. Though the game has received positive reviews, the BeamNG Drive title also reported Thrustmaster Wheel and Pedal Not Working.
Thrustmeter is known for its awesome range of gaming controllers like wheels and pedals for racing video games. Unfortunately, the Thrustmaster wheel and the pedal controller aren’t working properly for a couple of BeamNG Drive PC players. Now, if you’re also one of the victims of the same issue, you can follow this troubleshooting guide to resolve it. Here we’ve provided a couple of possible workarounds for you that should come in handy.
- How to Fix BeamNG Drive Thrustmaster Wheel and Pedal Not Working
- 1. Disconnect Other Peripherals
- 2. Reconnect Wheels and Pedals Directly
- 3. Update Wheel and Pedal Drivers
- 4. Reconnect Shifter
- 5. Reset Pedal to Default
- 6. Update Thrustmaster Wheels
- 7. Update BeamNG Drive
- 8. Verify and Repair Game Files
- 9. Choose Steam Controller Settings to Force ON
- 10. Reinstall BeamNG Drive
How to Fix BeamNG Drive Thrustmaster Wheel and Pedal Not Working
As per multiple reports online, plenty of players are having issues with the Logitech G920, Logitech G29, Thrustmaster T300, Fanatec CSL DD, etc, controllers while playing the BeamNG Drive title on the PC. To be precise, the reports claim that these gaming controllers don’t give any feedback while playing and sometimes have connectivity issues too. Unfortunately, there is no official patch fix available yet. So, you’ll have to manually try out some workarounds as of now.
1. Disconnect Other Peripherals
First, you should disconnect all other external devices or peripherals from your computer, such as webcam, printer, other controllers, USB flash drives, etc. Sometimes a normal reboot of the system can also help a lot.
2. Reconnect Wheels and Pedals Directly
It’s also highly recommended to disconnect and reconnect the pedals directly to the wheelbase for better detection or connectivity. Some of the reports suggest that this specific method did come in handy.
3. Update Wheel and Pedal Drivers
Even manually updating the wheel and pedal drivers on the PC respective to the controller model number can easily fix the racing controller not working or not detecting issues. Head to this link to visit the official Thrustmaster website, then download and install the driver and the firmware.
4. Reconnect Shifter
If in case, you’re using the shifter, then make sure to unplug and reconnect the shifter to the system to fix any kind of glitches whatsoever.
5. Reset Pedal to Default
Sometimes restarting the system may not come in handy that much. That’s why you should reset the pedal to the factory default to fix multiple issues or connectivity glitches in a jiffy.
6. Update Thrustmaster Wheels
Well, the chances are high that somehow you haven’t updated your Thrustmaster wheels and pedals controller to the latest available version yet. If that’s true, then try updating the Thrustmaster wheels manually. To do that:
- First of all, press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
- Now, search for joy.cpl in your search box and open the top result.
- Once you’re inside the controller settings interface, select and open the Wheel Settings menu.
- You’ll have to manually check for the latest update and install it.
- Finally, restart the PC to apply changes and check for the issue again.
7. Update BeamNG Drive
If you’re using the outdated game version, then you should try updating it to the latest patch version, whatever is available for you. You can follow the steps below to check for the same.
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on BeamNG Drive from the list of installed games at the left pane.
- The client will automatically search for the available update. If any, make sure to click on Update.
- You may have to wait for some time to install the update properly.
- Once done, reboot your PC to apply changes.
8. Verify and Repair Game Files
Sometimes missing or corrupted game files on the PC may not throw out any kind of error message, but the conflict may easily ruin the gaming experience and the controller issues. You should verify and repair the game files by following the steps below. Luckily, the Steam client does have a built-in feature to repair problematic game files automatically. To do that:
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on BeamNG Drive from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer to apply changes.
9. Choose Steam Controller Settings to Force ON
The chances are high that your gaming controller isn’t working properly because of the Steam controller setup. You can follow the steps below to forcefully enable the Steam controller settings for the BeamNG Drive game.
- Open the Steam client > Click on View from the top-left corner.
- Now, choose Big Picture Mode > If prompted, click on Continue.
- Click on Library > Go to Games under the Browse section.
- Select BeamNG Drive > Click on Manage Games (Gear Icon).
- Choose Controller Options from the Steam Input option.
- Click on the drop-down arrow icon to expand the list of ‘Change the Steam Input Per-Game Settings.’
- Next, make sure to select Forced On > Click on OK to save changes.
- Once done, restart your Steam client to check for the issue.
If this method isn’t working for you, then ensure to follow the steps again and just select ‘Forced Off’ or ‘None’ and save changes.
10. Reinstall BeamNG Drive
If none of the methods worked for you, uninstall and reinstall the BeamNG Drive video game. We understand it’s not an actual solution, but there is nothing to do on your end. To do so:
- Press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
- Now, type Control Panel and open it from the search result.
- Open Uninstall a program > Click on the BeamNG Drive game from the list.
- Select Uninstall > Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once done, reboot the PC to apply changes > Open the Steam client.
- Make sure to install the BeamNG Drive game again.
- Finally, you can play the title to check for the Thrustmaster Wheel and Pedal Not Working issue.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.