Spam calls and messages are the most hated on any smartphone, and no one likes to get such spam calls and messages. But the truth is we all have to face these spam calls and messages twice daily, which can be annoying. Nowadays, spam calls have got a new name, and that’s Robocalls. However, most spam calls come via automatic robocalling systems. This looks frustrating; everyone wants to eliminate spam calls and messages on their smartphones.
According to several reports, numerous Android users than iOS users face spam calls and messages frequently. If you are also an Android user with an issue with spam calls and messages and want to block these spams on your OnePlus smartphone, don’t worry. In this article, we will discuss how you can block spam calls and messages on OnePlus smartphones. The method is also applied to other smartphones as well. Before moving on, let us look at a short introduction and their types.
- What is Spam Call and Message? Types of Spam Calls
- How to Block Spam Calls or Message on Any OnePlus Smartphone
- Final Words
What is Spam Call and Message? Types of Spam Calls
Spam calls are kind of inconsequential calls and messages that come from a lot of phone numbers. However, some calls come for marketing purposes and some for other reasons, which may be extremely frustrating for users who are not interested in these offers from spam calls and messages. There are a number of spam calls, but the three most common spam calls are as follows.
- Telemarketing calls come from product-selling organizations.
- The other spam call is Robocalls, and these are pre-recorded sales calls.
- Scam calls come from various sources to take advantage of you by making you fool to transfer your money to their account by trying illegal methods.
In addition, there is also a spam message where users get frustrated. These spam messages come through various platforms as well as carrier services. However, if you’re experiencing these spam calls and want to get rid of these spam calls and messages, follow the below-mentioned steps to enable this on your OnePlus smartphone.
How to Block Spam Calls or Message on Any OnePlus Smartphone
There are multiple reasons to block spam calls and messages on your OnePlus device, and it’s easy to use, where you can access and disable unknown or spam calls within a second. Some of the best and most effective ways include:
- Block spam calls and messages through applications.
- Block spam and calls on your OnePlus device manually.
- Block spam calls by allowing calls and messages from saved contact.
- Block spam calls by registering for DND.
These methods help you to block spam calls and messages, and following each step to disable the spam calls and messages may help you to get rid of spam calls. So, let’s have a look at the steps you need to follow to carry out the above-mentioned methods, and you may easily apply any appropriate method.
Block Spam Calls and Messages Using Truecaller App
This is one of the best ways to block spam calls and messages where millions of users are saving themselves from unknown or spam calls and messages by blocking the Truecaller application directly, as well as mobile network carriers. With Truecaller, you may easily block any spam calls and messages whenever you’re feeling tired from spam calls. You can also unblock them by following the same method you have blocked.
Some mobile network services provide their own application, and using the device application, you may easily block spam calls and messages as well. If the app isn’t available or the service is provided, you would have to get the Truecaller application from the Google Play Store on your OnePlus device and signup with your mobile network, and that’s all set. Now you can block particular calls and messages by choosing the Block option. The same procedure is also followed to block the Message on the Truecaller app.
Alternatively, there are several applications available on the Google Play Store, such as Truecaller. However, some of the best applications to block spam calls and messages are listed below:
Block Spam Calls and Messages Manually
Another way to block spam calls and messages on your OnePlus device is to try the manual method. If you don’t want to use any additional applications to block spam calls and messages, you should try the manual method. Nowadays, every smartphone comes with Google Dialer and Google Message App, and you can access these apps on your OnePlus smartphone as well. With Google Dialer and Message app, you may easily access spam calls and messages, and from there, you can easily block them. Here’s how you can block spam calls and messages by following the mentioned steps:
- Open the Google Dialer on your OnePlus device and click on the spam number you want to block.
- In the next menu, you will get an option Block.
- Simply tap on the Block option and confirm it by tapping on Block, and that’s it.
To block spam messages on your OnePlus smartphone, follow these steps:
- Open the Message application on your OnePlus device.
- Press and hold the Spam Message you want to block and tap on three vertical dots at the top right corner of the screen.
- Now choose the Block option and confirm it by tapping on the OK option.
Block Spam Calls by Registering on DND
You can also register your mobile number on the mobile operator-specific DND (Do-Not-Disturb) registration site. With the help of this, you would notice major changes whenever spam calls are received on your OnePlus device. Moreover, the overall usage of the website is easy, and you can have to visit the website to enter the mobile number by choosing the location, and that’s all. You can visit the link below to access the website.
Block Spam Calls by Allowing Calls from Saved Contacts Through DND Mode
This method will work for you when you enable the DND (Do Not Disturb) Mode on your OnePlus device. It allows you to receive incoming calls that are saved on your contact lists and block spam calls. Here are the steps on how you can block spam calls by allowing the calls from saved contacts.
- Open the Settings app on your OnePlus device.
- Look for Do Not Disturb Mode and select it.
- Now turn on the Do Not Disturb Mode by clicking on the toggle. Again, choose Allow Calls and select All Contacts.
- That’s it. Now you will receive the incoming calls from the saved contacts only on your OnePlus device.
Enable Filter Spam Calls
You can also enable the filter spam calls to feature on your OnePlus device. This filters the incoming spam calls and blocks them temporarily. By following these methods, you may easily filter spam calls.
However, if you want to disable this option, follow the same procedure to do this. To enable filter spam calls, follow these steps:
- Open the Google Dialer on your OnePlus device.
- Tap on three vertical dots at the right corner of the screen and choose Settings.
- Now tap on the Caller ID and Spam option.
- You will see the Filter spam calls option; simply tap on it to enable the option.
- That’s it. Now the spam calls will be blocked on your OnePlus device.
This is how you can block spam calls and messages by using the application or manual method. I hope that the above-mentioned solutions help you to block spam calls and messages on your OnePlus smartphone. If you have any questions, ask in the comments section below. We will try to help you.