Here we will guide on how to Boot into Recovery Mode on Moto G6 Plus using our simple guide.
Before we dive into the setup, let us talk about the device. Moto G6 Plus features a 5.9-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core 2.2 GHz Cortex-A53 and Qualcomm SDM630 Snapdragon 630 coupled with 4/6GB of RAM. The phone packs 64/128GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Moto G6 Plus comes with Dual 12 MP (f/1.7) + 5 MP (f/2.2), phase detection autofocus, dual-LED dual-tone flash camera and 8MP front shooting camera with LED flash.
In this guide, we will help you to Install Custom ROM, Mods and even customize your Moto G6 Plus. Well, before starting let me make things more clear to you. Recovery Mode is the core center where you can customize your phone, install new Custom OS, Installing Kernel and mods etc. Use the following guide to find out how exactly you can access the built-in recovery mode on Moto G6 Plus. The recovery mode is built-in to all Android devices. Whereas if you have TWRP Recovery on Moto G6 Plus, you can access the same TWRP Recovery mode using this guide below.
Recovery mode on Moto G6 Plus will also allow you to take a complete backup of any OS running on your phone (both custom ROM and Stock ROM). You can even enter recovery mode on Moto G6 Plus to perform the factory reset, restore the backup or even root your device, this is where you go.
- Motorola Moto G6 Plus, G6 Plus, and G6 Play Stock Firmware Collections
- Common Moto G6 Plus Plus Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- Motorola released Moto G6 Play kernel source code
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Motorola Moto G6 and G6 Plus
- Download OPW27.113-27 Stock firmware for Moto G6 Plus [Restore / Unroot]
- How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G6 and G6 Plus
Moto G6 Plus is an amazing device but like other Android gadgets, it can also face issues due to bugs and other similar issues. Recovery mode can simply be enabled if you follow the guidelines from a command line or by a simple combination of key presses. In the Recovery mode, you will find several tools that are useful in repairing your Moto G6 Plus easily. Thanks to the open source nature of Android that enable users to perform this task.
Steps to Enter Recovery Mode on Moto G6 Plus
Open Recovery Mode by Hardware Key
- First of all, turn off your Moto G6 Plus simply.
- Once off, press the power and volume down button together for some time.
- This will turn the device on and you need to hold both the buttons till the Moto G6 Plus logo disappears.
- After this, simply wait for the time till your device boots into the recovery mode.
Advanced User – Enter Recovery Mode using ADB Fastboot Method
- First of all, Install ADB and Fastboot driver on your PC.
- Now enable the Developer Option: To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“.
- Go back to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Now open the ADB and Fastboot folder on your PC, and press SHIFT KEY and Right Mouse to open the command window.
- Now type the command given below, to enter into recovery on Moto G6 Plus.
adb reboot recovery
- That’s it! Your phone will boot into recovery.
It must be kept in mind that the process of booting a smartphone into Recovery Mode is almost similar in every Android device. In case you press a wrong button or feel you did something wrong, you are free to press the capacitive button which is next to the home button on your device. Actually, this will take you to the precedent menu. Sometimes users select the wrong language by mistake and face issues. Thus we found it worth mentioning here.