ZTE Axon 7 (axon7) launched in May 2016. The phone came out of the box with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and later upgrade to Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Here we will guide on how to download and install Bootleggers ROM on ZTE Axon 7 which is currently based on Android 9.0 Pie. The update brings all new Android Pie feature along with some patches and fixes from LineageOS and various other projects.
Bootleggers ROM is an aftermarket firmware based on AOSP which brings new custom features and some of the most useful apps on your device. The update is currently live for ZTE Axon 7 and few other devices. Now you can install the Bootleggers ROM on ZTE Axon 7 by following our guide given below.
To install Bootleggers ROM on ZTE Axon 7, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Bootleggers ROM on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Bootleggers ROM.
Talking about the specifications, ZTE Axon 7 features a 5.5-inches display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB internal memory. The camera on the ZTE Axon 7 comes with 20MP and 8MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 3250 mAh battery with Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 3.0). It also has a Fingerprint sensor on the back.
What is Bootleggers ROM?
Bootleggers ROM is an aftermarket firmware based on Ground Zero Open Source Project (GZOSP) and brings custom features with the most useful apps on your device, with the goal of “Making you feel like 家”. Using the stability and compatibility of GZOSP, this ROM is also packed with some custom wallpaper (Dawn by fxckingdeathwish), ringtones, and fonts, to bring to your device into a more fresh look, also with a selection of icons, header packs, and wallpapers (on ShishuWalls app). Now the ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie and brings many new features and customization options to make this ROM unique from many other custom firmware out there.
Whether you are installing Custom ROM for the first time or you already installed any custom ROM on your phone. Then give a try on the latest Custom ROM called Bootleggers ROM. The ROM brings many cool features and aims to deliver the best performance and stability. Yes! the developer behind the Bootleggers ROM focuses on Performance and Battery! So that one can get most out of your device.Related Post
- How to install AOSP Android 10 Q for ZTE Axon 7
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for ZTE Axon 7 based on Android 10 Q
- List of Best Custom ROM for ZTE Axon 7 [Updated]
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery For ZTE Axon 7
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Steps to Install Bootleggers ROM on ZTE Axon 7:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported device: ZTE Axon 7
- Charge your phone: Make sure to charge before upgrading your device to at least 50% or more.
- USB Drivers: Download ZTE USB Drivers.
- Bootleggers ROM Flashable Zip file: Download
- Download Any Gapps File:
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your ZTE Axon 7.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on ZTE Axon 7.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on ZTE Axon 7.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the Bootleggers ROM zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the Bootleggers ROM on your ZTE Axon 7.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- You can now reboot to enjoy Bootleggers ROM on ZTE Axon 7.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Bootleggers ROM on ZTE Axon 7 successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.