Although paper money is extremely convenient, it still can beat the simplicity and the comfort of having digital money at your fingertips. Many people prefer using digital money over paper money. For digital money, people use the Cash app which is a great way to store your money without much hassle.
However, sometimes you have paper money but need to convert it to add to the Cash app. In such situations, converting your paper money to digital money seems difficult. It can be even more difficult when you can’t add paper money to the Cash app. But don’t worry; in this article, we will cover how you can fix the issue where you can’t add paper money to the Cash app. Read on.
Fix Can’t Add Paper Money to My Cash App
Experiencing difficulty adding paper money to the Cash app can be frustrating, especially when you urgently need digital funds. This issue could be caused by having an outdated app version or an unstable internet connection, as well as software bugs and glitches. Fortunately, there are various effective solutions to resolve this problem. To ensure a successful fix, carefully follow the recommended solutions. Here’s how to address the paper money issue on your Cash app:
Restart your Device
If you aren’t able to add paper money to your Cash App, you first restart your smartphone. Restating the device may help you to fix the problem on your Cash app and again you can add paper money to the cash app without any hassle. This could be an easy method that you can try on your device in order to fix the problem. This may also troubleshoot other minor issues and glitches on the device as well.
- Press and hold the power button until the Restart/Reboot option will appear on the screen.
- Again, tap the Restart option and your phone will automatically turn off.
- Now the device will turn back on after a few seconds. So, just be patient!
- Press and hold the power menu button (side button) until the power off menu appears on the screen.
- Again, slide the slider from left to right to power off your iPhone.
- Wait for a moment and press and hold the power button back until the Apple logo is visible on the screen and instantly release the pressed keys.
- That’s it. Now launch the Cash app on your device and try checking if the issue has been resolved.
Check your Internet Connection
Another straightforward method is to check your internet connection on your smartphones if you’re not able to add paper money to the Cash app. An internet connection is necessary to access the Cash app in order to pay other users or transfer the money, adding the paper money and more. Some users reported that they easily add paper money to the Cash app by refreshing the internet connection.
Additionally, you have to check whether your internet connection is stable or it’s getting stuck. Well, you can refresh the network connection by restarting your router or changing the network operator. This may be helpful and speed the internet connection faster than normal.
Also Read: Fix: Cash App Session Error Domain 400
Clear Cash App Cache Data
If you’re trying to clear the Cash app cache and data on your Android device then make sure to follow the below steps. However, clearing the cache and data might help you to refresh the application and you may be able to add paper money to your Cash app.
- Head over to the Settings on your Android device.
- Tap the Apps or Apps & Notifications.
- Now tap on See all Apps > Find and select Cash App from the list of applications.
- Select Storage and cache option.
- Tap on the Clear Cache option.
- Next, tap on the Clear Storage option.
- Finally, launch your Cash App to check for the issue again.
Note: Clearing the cache and storage data will not affect or delete any data from your device or application. It will refresh the app and clear temporary files.
Update Cash App
If you have cleared the cache and data of the Cash app and are still unable to add paper money to your Cash app, then there’s a problem with the application itself. In such cases, you should update your Cash app to the latest version. Here’s how to do it.
- Head over to Google Play Store/App Store on your device.
- Search Cash App in the search bar at the top and select it.
- You will be able to see the update option on the screen. Simply tap the Update option (If available).
- Now wait until the Cash app is completely updated on your device.
- Finally, launch the Cash app and try adding the paper money to your Cash app and check if the issue has been resolved.
Disable VPN and Proxy
Several users did mention that disabling the VPN (Virtual Private Network) and proxy on their devices help them to add paper money to the Cash app again. If you’re also using the VPN and proxy on your handset for other purposes, you can either directly disable the VPN or proxy connection from the respective application or uninstall them. Here’s how to do it.
- Head over to the Settings app on your device.
- Tap the Network & Internet option or search for VPN directly from the search bar.
- Select VPN option and turn the toggle off next to VPN.
Reinstall Cash App
If you have updated your Cash app or disable the VPN and proxy on your handset and are still unable to add paper money to your Cash app, it’s time to uninstall and reinstall the Cash app. Reinstalling the Cash app will surely fix the problem and you will be able to add paper money to your Cash app again. Here’s how you uninstall and reinstall the Cash app.
- First, you have to uninstall the Cash app from your handset. To do this, head over to home screen and press and hold the Cash app and tap the Uninstall button (delete icon) and confirm it by clicking on OK option.
- Next, head over to Google Play Store/App Store on your iPhone or Android device.
- Search Cash app in the search bar and select it.
- Tap the Install button.
- The Cash app will begin to download and install on your device. Kindly, wait for a moment.
- Once finished, launch Cash app and login with your credentials. Make sure to enter correct details which logging in. Again, try adding the paper money to your Cash app and check if the issue has been resolved.
Contact Support Team
If you have tried the above workarounds and are still unable to add paper money to your Cash app, it’s time to contact Cash app support team for further assistance. They will provide the best troubleshooting methods which you can apply on your handset in order to fix the problem with your Cash app. So, don’t hesitate and contact me immediately.
Adding paper money to the Cash app is an extremely convenient feature that many users love. However, this can stop working at times. Thankfully, we have compiled a list of solutions that help fix this issue. Make sure you try all the fixes before contacting the support team as they will guide you to do the same. If you have any questions, let us know in the comments section below.