Gaming can be so much fun, but when you face errors that you have no clue about, it can get a little irritating. In such cases, all you have to do is a little research and get the problem fixed. Playstation is one of the most popular gaming devices which is manufactured by Sony. If you are a newbie and trying to know the errors in a better way, then this blog can help you find a solution.
The first thing which needs to be done is to find out why the problem occurred. If you don’t know the origin of the problem, you won’t be able to find a solution for it. This blog enlists the reason why the error took place and then will guide you on how to get rid of this problem without taking much stress.
Why did the error occur?
The black screen error is also known as CDVD read error is most likely to occur when you are trying to play multiple games using different types of configuration of this emulator. When you are trying to solve the issue, this error message will only appear in the program log. This error can be a big-time problem as it is pretty difficult to get resolved, but once you have the knowledge about the ways you can solve and can become easier for you to get rid of it.
All you need to do is stick to the article and follow the steps below.
There are four possible solutions to this problem and they are:
Fix the problem by reinstalling PCXS version 1.4.0
- Press the Start + R key together to open the Run program. Then type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and press Enter.
- After you Enter button you will be directly taken to programs and the features window.
- You have to search for the option which says presently installed programs on your device.
- Try to find out PCXS2 and Uninstall the program and after the program is uninstalled it is recommended to Restarts your computer.
- Once your computer Restarts, you should Reinstall the latest version of PCXS2 i.e. Version 1.4.0
- Make sure you install all the components in the right manner.
Try enabling direct 3D9 renderer
If the previous solution fails to work then, we have another solution to your problem which enables Direct3D9 (hardware) renderer.
- Open PCXS2 emulator and as directed, load PS2 BIOS.
- Head to config. Through the Menu bar and go to Video (GS) and then Plugin Settings.
- Find the Render drop-down menu and then click to Direct3D9. Don’t forget to save the changes by pressing the Ok button.
- If you see that the renderer is already set to Direct3D9 (hardware) then change it to Direct 3D9 (software).
- Then Restart the setup and try to launch the game again.
Using ISO instead of game DVD
You can simply download the ImgBurn program and establish an ISO of the game DVD which can help you load it on the emulator on your PC.
- Make sure when you download the ImgBurn program, you need to restart your PC.
- After the proper installation of the program, you open the program and find Create Image file from disc from the options available.
- Select the location where you wish to create the ISO and then you can proceed towards the process further.
- Go to CDVD from the Menu bar and select ISO.
- You have to browse the ISO you created before using ImageBurn and double-click to load it.
- Reach out to the system button and select boot CDVD (full) from the menu.
- Enabling 3D11 renderer
The last solution to your problem, if nothing works out is this. When you choose this option as your solution, you can play your favorite game without any disturbance, and even if the error occurs. Follow the steps ahead in a proper order to change the Settings
- Move to the PCXS2 emulator and then find config> video (GS) and then select plugin settings.
- In GSDX settings find the renderer Dropbox and select Direct3D11(hardware) and then save the changes.
- Don’t forget to Restart the emulator and then launch the game.
After trying these four options, the error which was occurring and was a pain in the neck is most likely to disappear. Sometimes it is hard to get rid of the errors until you are aware of the technicality of computers but, as soon as you read this article it will surely help you solve the problem you are facing and give you an amazing time playing your favorite game over your PlayStation.
If you still face problems with the games and the error still appears, then either you are mistaken with the understanding of the error or you need to take your PC for a routine check-up. It can be possible that some settings do not allow you to play your favorite game. So, you should see a PlayStation or a computer doctor. If you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.