Just recently, a storm of users has been claiming about their Activision account getting hacked. To date, sources are showing a massive sum of 5,00,000+ accounts hacked. Even in this crisis, Activision solely stands their ground, claiming that such hack claims that are seen on the internet are false information.
However, Activision is advising all its users out there to take precautionary steps and ensure account protection with a password change. With this being the case, users have already started getting into work to change their Activison password. If you don’t already know how it’s done, then our guide on how to change the Activision account password will assist you.
How to Change Activision Account Password
- Go to Activision and log in to your account
- After logging in, click on Profile at the top right side of the screen
- Once you’re inside profile, click on Basic Info
- Then, click on the Edit option to the right of Password
- Next, enter your new password into the two blank text fields. Before you decide on a password, make sure to meet the password requirements
- After entering your new password, click on the Save button
- This will now pop up a new blank text field, asking to enter a password. Here, enter the old password that you used to sign in to Activision and then click Submit. This will successfully change your Activision password.
- If the above method doesn’t work for you or you forgot your account password for logging in, then go the password reset page
- Here, enter the email ID that’s associated with the account that you lost access to
- After typing in your email, click on the Submit button
- This will now send a password recovery email to you. Wait for the email and open it upon receiving
- Upon opening the email, you’ll get a link to reset your password. Simply click on Reset Your Password to proceed
- Next, enter down the new password in the two blank text fields by meeting the password requirements as given by the website
- Finally, click on the Save button and the new password will be saved.
The first method is most convenient and easy if you’ve got access to your Activision account. In case you don’t, you can simply apply the second method. Either way, you can change your password if you have access to either the email or your Activision password. That said, we hope reading the guide above has brought some valuable information and help to you. Please let us know by commenting down below if you have any further queries regarding the same.