Huawei and Honor devices run the customized OS Android version dubbed as EMUI. Last year, the devices received the latest Android 10 updates in the form of EMUI 10. The update bought a bunch of new features, device optimizations, and some visual enhancements. One of them included the ability to customize the AOD screen on Huawei and Honor drives having an AMOLED display. However, the wallpapers didn’t leave up to expectations for some. If you are among one of those users, then there is a handy way around. You could now change the AOD wallpapers and add your own custom wallpapers in Huawei and Honor devices.
For this method to work, there are a few prerequisites to keep in mind. To begin with, you should be having the Huawei Themes app downloaded from the App Gallery. Furthermore, your device should also have an AMOLED/OLED display and should also support the Always On Display. Also, it should be running the latest EMUI 10.1 OS. So if your device qualifies all the above requirements, then you could proceed with the steps to change AOD wallpapers in Huawei and Honor devices.
Change AOD Wallpaper in Huawei and Honor devices
Given below is a huge collection of wallpapers in PNG format and themes as well. You could begin the guide by extracting that (attached below) collection and selecting the desired wallpaper from the plethora of ones available. We would like to thank XDA senior member SilviuO for the files and the attached screenshots as well.
- Download the digit_bg.zip and extract it to a convenient location on your PC.
- The developer has used the below-mentioned theme. If you wish to use the same, download it from the App Gallery and replace it with anyone from the ZIP file that you have downloaded above.
- Now connect your device to PC via USB cable and head over to Internal Memory/Huawei/Themes/HWAods. Copy-paste the downloaded theme (which might be in .hwt format) to that folder.
- Then head over to com.huawei.aod\res\drawable-xxhdpi\ and replace the digit_bg.png file with any of your preferred ones from the above zip file.
- Next up, use the arrow situated at the upper left to go back (which will save). Again go back (file will be saved) and then close the HWT file. Save the file again, if required.
- Now copy this theme to /Huawei/Themes/HWAods/ and replace it with the earlier name.
- Then go to Settings/Home Screen & wallpaper/Always On Display/Clock Style/Download more/, select the wallpaper that you have downloaded earlier and hit Apply.
- With this, you have successfully changed the AOD wallpaper on your Huawei and Honor devices. However, if you wish to apply your own image as the wallpaper, then take a PNG file, keep its resolution at 1080×492 or 1080×788 and follow instructions mentioned in Step 4 to 7.
On that note, the above method should work without any issues as such on Huawei P40/P40 Pro/P40 Pro+ and the P 30 series as well. This list is expected to go even further considering the fact that Mate 30 series has already received the EMUI 10.1 beta update and around 14 Huawei and 4 Honor devices are next in line. That is all from this guide on how to change Huawei and Honor AOD wallpapers. Rounding off, here are our iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that doesn’t need any waiting time!