With the release of iOS 14 and iPadOS 14, Apple has included some of the most useful as well as much-awaited features that users were asking for years. If you’ve already used Android or still using it, then you should know that changing the default Email App on Android is damn easy. Whereas talking about the iPhone or iPad, it wasn’t possible previously. But now things have changed and all the iOS 14 or iPadOS 14 users can easily change the default email app on iPhone or iPad.
Well, here we’ve shared an easy straightforward method to do this. Using a third-party email app over the default stock email app is always a good idea whether you’ve multiple email accounts or additional features. Apple stock Mail app runs as the default email app on Apple devices. Now, all the interested users can simply change it to other third-party email apps like Gmail, Outlook, Hey, Spark, etc.
How to Change Default Email App on iPhone or iPad
Once you’ve installed a third-party email client app on your iPhone or iPad using the Apple App Store, you’ll be ready to select or change the default email app without any issue. So, without wasting any more time, let’s get into it.
- Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll down and tap on the third-party email client app. (For example, if you want to set Outlook app as a default email app, then tap on Outlook)
- Now, tap on Default Mail App > Here you’ll see a list of installed email client apps on your device.
- Select an email app according to your choice. (A checkmark will appear on the selected default email app so, that you can understand)
- Close the Settings app and start using your default email app.
That means from the next time, whenever you tap on a email address to send any mail or use the email sharing menu, the default email app will open whatever you’ve just selected.
We hope you’ve found this article useful. You can comment below for other queries.