OnePlus 5T is the successor of an earlier released version of OnePlus 5. The phone has some unique features like 2D Face Unlock which is faster than iPhone X. It comes out of the box with Android Nougat and promised to update Oreo very soon. Well, Just like every smartphone, we may face some issues on OnePlus 5T also. To solve the OnePlus 5T problems, we have written this article to help you. Here we will share the Most common problems of OnePlus 5T and Their solution and bug fixes.
Talking about the Specifications, OnePlus 5T features a 6.01-inch bezel-less display with an 18:9 ratio. The display will be with a screen resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels. It is powered by 2.45GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor clubbed with 6GB and 8GB RAM variant. It will be packed with 64GB and 128GB internal storage. On the camera department, OnePlus 5T sports a 20MP + 16MP dual camera on the rear and a 16MP front shooter for selfies. It will come out of the box with Android 7.0 Nougat and expected to be backed by 3300mAh battery.
Of course, as is the case with any Smartphone or tablet, OnePlus 5T has its shortcomings too. We have got together some of the common problems in OnePlus 5T that the users may encounter. We have also given the solutions as to how you can solve the issues. In here we will sort out the problems on your phones such as brightness, performance, Apps Force close problem, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Connectivity issues. Most common problems of OnePlus 5T and Their solution and bug fixes.
- Most common problems of OnePlus 5 and Their solution and bug fixes
- Most common problems of OnePlus 3/3T and Their solution and bug fixes
Table of Contents
- 1 Most common problems of OnePlus 5T and Their solution and bug fixes
- 2 Certain apps and games not working on mobile data
Most common problems of OnePlus 5T and Their solution and bug fixes
If you are planning to buy, then this is a great phone. I personally recommend to buy if you didn’t. These are some of the common problems encountered by few users. In case if you face any issue, this guide will be useful to solve the common problems of Oneplus 5T.
Brightness problem in OnePlus 5T
Some users are not happy with the adaptive brightness problem in OnePlus 5T.
Do you face brightness problem on OnePlus 5T? To solve this problem, you can install the Lux Auto Brightness app from Google Play Store. This app is one of the best apps for managing the brightness of your phone. This app is available for free in Play store. You can download the Lux Auto Brightness app on your OnePlus 5T to solve this common problem.
Windows 10 does not recognize the phone
Some users have discovered that OnePlus 5T is not recognized by Windows 10 as a storage device. It becomes impossible to transfer files and another media content. Though the phone can still be charged from PC.
This issue has been resolved. You can manually enable USB Debugging mode by following a few easy steps.
- Open Settings – About Phone and keep tapping on Build Number several times till a pop-up
- The pop up will say “You are now a developer.”
- In the Setting menu, a new option will appear called Developer Options. Open it.
- Tap on USB debugging to enable it.
- You may have to reboot the phone once.
- Plug in the phone and change USB configuration to MTP.
This should resolve the issue and you will be able to transfer the file.
Performance issues (random reboots, stutter or lag, rapid battery drain)
There have been problems like performance issues with the OnePlus 5T device and we always search the web for How to fix this problem in OnePlus 5T. It goes for rebooting repeatedly and at random. There have been issues of stutter and lag also. Sometimes there is a rapid draining of the battery even when the phone is not in use.
- Download the Greenify app from Google Play Store. It lists the applications which are active on waking the phone. Then you can change the settings for these apps. This should reduce the slowdown.
- There may be a rogue app on your phone which could be the cause of the poor performance. Boot the device into Safe Mode. If the problem persists, delete the last few apps on Oneplus 5T which you may have installed before the problem started. In case if the problem still there, then you can perform the factory reset on OnePlus 5T. But do the factory reset only if it is necessary as you will lose all your data?
Certain apps and games not working on mobile data
It has been found that some apps when connected to Wi-Fi work very well but when connected to mobile data, they do not perform as well.
The issue is related to APN settings. Follow these simple steps.
- Go to Settings-more networks-mobile network-access point names.
- Tap on APN for your network.
- Change the APN Protocol to IPv4 or IPv4/IPv6.
These settings are present to IPv6. This is the reason for issues when certain apps or games try to connect with mobile data.
Notifications get cleared automatically
It has been noticed that that notifications get deleted automatically from the status bar
This is not the issue of a bug. It is related to battery management. Follow these simple steps.
- Go to Settings-battery and then disable Hibernation/Aggressive Dose
- If you want to select which apps send you notifications, you can do it here. . Go to Settings – Battery – Battery Optimization (tap the three vertical dots at the top right corner). Here you can select which apps you want to receive notifications from.
Every time one buys a new device, there can be issues with connectivity. Follow the given general steps for connectivity issue problems of OnePlus 5T.
- Turn off the router for a few minutes,
- In the WI-Fi settings of the device, tap on forget the preferred network. Then add the details from scratch.
- In the WI-Fi Analyzer application, check the level of activity. If required, switch to the different
- Disable Power Saving Mode in Settings.
- Ensure that the MAC address for the phone is recognized by the router.
- No power saving mode should be enabled.
- Turn the Bluetooth of your device on and off.
- If the problem persists, go to Bluetooth Settings and clear the cache.
- Restart the phone.
- If there are multiple profiles, then maybe you have exceeded the limit of profiles you can save. Delete old and profiles no longer in use. Then try setting the connection from the beginning.
All the frequent problems and how to fix them have been discussed in detail above. These are small issues and they should not prevent you from buying a good phone. Almost all these problems are software related. Common problems in OnePlus 5T makes customers unhappy, therefore, OnePlus 5T keep sending updates to help with these issues. Just ensure you always have the latest version installed and enjoy your new phone. I hope this article will help you to fix the Most common problems of OnePlus 5T.