Redmi’s most awaited smartphone in the Note series is finally with us. Yes you judge the right and I am talking about the Redmi Note 5. It has been introduced in two variants. The fact is the entire Note series of this Chinese manufacturer is a huge success and there are many manufacturers who are struggling a lot to gain the equal potential as Redmi gained in the recent years. Because Redmi never compromised with quality and always make sure customers get more than what they invested, they are among the top smartphone manufacturer across the globe. A lot of other factors are also there which have also contributed a lot in their success. You might have no idea but the fact is Redmi has been a number one preference of many people when it comes to buying the quality smartphones. Today I am going to put some spotlight on the common Redmi Note 5 problems and fixes.
The Note 5 is actually a successor of Note 4 which once becomes India’s number one selling smartphone. However, because these gadgets are based on Android, having some minor issues in the OS is a common thing. Even some of the best manufacturers across the globe are facing these glitches in their gadgets. Most users think these are hardware issues but actually, they are not. Also, the good thing is most of the issues that arrive due to OS can be avoided with a simple guide. All you need to do is to gain knowledge about the common Redmi Note 5 problems and fixes. The same can be gained from the below paragraphs.
Before introducing you to the common Redmi Note 5 problems and fixes, let us first know about the specifications of this phone. The Redmi Note 5 is a powerful gadget that comes with a 5.99-inch screen that is capable to provide users an excellent screen resolution of 1080 x 2160. It runs on Android Nougat 7.1.1 (MIUI 9). The device has been provided with two variants and they are Redmi Note 5 and Note 5 pro which comes with 4/6GB RAM. It is capable to store 64GB of data and the same can be extended with a micros SD card by upto 256GB easily.
The powerful 1.8GHz octa-core processor can simply be trusted for performance. For those who love cameras, this device has a lot to offer. It has been provided with a 12MP primary and a 20MP secondary camera. As far as the matter of battery is concerned, it comes with a powerful 4000mAh battery that simply let users keep up the pace with everything. Let us now discuss the common Redmi Note 5 problems and fixes.
Table of Contents
- 1 Common Redmi Note 5 problems and fixes
- 1.1 Connectivity issues
- 1.2 Quick Battery draining & slow charging
- 1.3 No SD card detected
- 1.4 Bad camera quality
- 1.5 Fingerprint scanner not working (common Redmi Note 5 problems and fixes)
- 1.6 Earpiece Sounds Robotic (common Redmi Note 5 problems and fixes)
- 1.7 SIM related problems
- 1.8 Overheating problems
- 1.9 Doesn’t recognize Windows 10
- 1.10 Unresponsive Touchscreen
- 1.11 Performance issues
Common Redmi Note 5 problems and fixes
The Redmi Note 5 just hit the market and it hasn’t been reported by a lot of users having these common issues. Therefore it is not always necessary that you might be facing all the problems at the same time. They may declare their presence with as they were also present in the predecessor of Note 5 smartphone. Also, it must be kept in mind that the mentioned information about the common Redmi Note 5 problems and fixes in this post can be trusted easily, but getdroidtips.com cannot be held responsible for anything that goes wrong with your device due to your own negligence while following this guide.
The overall functionality and features that manufacturers equip in their gadgets depend on several external factors for their operation. One example is Wi-Fi only works properly when the internet router and speed are reliable. Thus, having connectivity issues doesn’t always mean that device is suffering from some problem. You need to pay attention to lot of other factors also. Both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi problems come under the category of connectivity issues. In case you are facing them, here is how they can be fixed.
Bluetooth connectivity issues (common Redmi Note 5 problems and fixes)
- Perform a basic reboot and see if the problem is gone or not
- You might have hide the visibility of your phone to other widgets. Check for the same
- Before sharing the connection, disable the power saving mode on the device. Sometimes keeping it own disable many important apps including Bluetooth
- Clear the Bluetooth cache simply
- There is always a limit on the number of profiles that can be saved on a device. Check and clear if they are in excess
- Perform factory reset if above don’t work on your device.
Wi-Fi connectivity issues (common Redmi Note 5 problems and fixes)
- Access the main settings and proceed opening the About us which you can find after scrolling down
- Click on the Wi-Fi option and scan for the new connection
- In case the connection already exists in the list, delete the same
- Now add it again and connect your device with it. You may need to enter your password
- This can probably solve the issue. If not, perform a hard reset
- If the problem is still there, problem could be in the Wi-Fi router you are using or in the internet connection
Quick Battery draining & slow charging
A device that charges too slowly and consumes the juice from the battery at the speed of a bullet train often give you a lot of reasons to worry. The fact is it’s not necessary that the battery can be responsible for the same. Many other factors can also influence the same. You can try the methods spotlighted below to avoid this issue.
- Don’t forget to install the latest version of apps. You can simply update them from the Play Store
- Remove the memory card from the phone
- Always use the genuine charger only
- The connectivity related apps such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Share it must be turned OFF when they are not in use
- If your device was ever fell down from your hands, check for the physical damage on the battery
- Keep the device data OFF when you don’t need it
- Don’t keep the display ON for long time
- Clean the charging port gently. There might be dust there which could be responsible for this problem
- Close the apps after using them. If they keep running in the background, you may have to experience problems like these
- Never install apps from other sources than Play Store
No SD card detected
The Redmi Note 5 comes with 64 GB default memory and sometime if you fill it completely, the problem might be there. There are also various other factors due to which it can declare their presence. It must be kept in mind that the MicroSD card you are using should be compatible with your device. You can easily keep up the pace against the issues you are facing by paying attention to the below-listed instructions and methods.
- The card you are using must not be faulty. Check for the same
- Make sure there are no dust particles or scratches on the card
- Try formatting the card
- Scan the data present on the card for any virus
- Inspect properly to find a physical damage on the card. Sometime even a minor damage can be the reason of this problem
Bad camera quality
The cameras on this device are good enough to be trusted. However, experiencing low-quality snaps and videos is a problem that anyone can have due to various external factors. You need to pay attention to the following factors to get the things back on track for you once again.
- There might be several options but keep it in mind that the default camera app is always the best one
- The problem could be due to the reason that you have forget to change the shooting mode. Always select the one that best fits the surroundings
- If your device is brand new, remove the transparent glass from the back
- Always capture snaps in the high-resolution mode. You can select it from the Settings of the camera app
- Update the apps in case they are pending
- Dust in the camera lens can be another reason why you are facing this issue
- Keep atleast 1 GB free space on your device
- Clear cache of the default camera app or the one you are using
- Before capturing the snap, focus the camera on what you really need to capture
Fingerprint scanner not working (common Redmi Note 5 problems and fixes)
Well, the Redmi devices are known for their accuracy when it comes to the fingerprint scanner. It’s true that their fingerprint scanner is fast and reliable. However, in case you are facing any problem in the device related to this feature, you can try the following methods to avoid the same.
- Make sure there is no dust or grease on your finger
- Your fingers might not be clean. Depositing of dust and oil on the same can give rise to this problem. Therefore make sure your hands are clean
- Always add more than one fingerprint. This will help you in emergency situations
- Remove the existing fingerprint and add it again
Earpiece Sounds Robotic (common Redmi Note 5 problems and fixes)
Sound related problems bring a very bad experience. They are common with many Redmi devices. To avoid this problem, you can try the following instructions.
- Use another good quality earpiece for doing a phone call.
- Try using another earpiece
- Set the volume to the maximum level during a phone call
- This can help you avoiding the problem
SIM cards are very sensitive and they are designed to be handled with care. Even after doing so, they declare issues and users have to face several other problems as well. You can simply eliminate this problem by paying attention to the methods that are listed below.
- Make sure you inserted the device properly
- Follow the right procedure to insert and remove SIM from the device
- Always use the genuine SIM ejector
- Make sure the network services are enabled on your device
- Get your old SIM card replaced before using it on a new device
- Restart the device and see if the issue is still there
The devices that come with more than 3000mAh battery have been reported by many users to this problem. However, this doesn’t mean that only battery can be held responsible if your device overheat. You might not be in a position to find out other possible causes enhancing this issue. Check the various instructions and methods to gain more knowledge about the overheating related common Redmi Note 5 problems and fixes.
- The problem might have declared its presence after installing an appropriate app. If you remember the one, remove it immediately and start your device
- Don’t engage your device too much in the multitasking
- Don’t enhance brightness level unnecessarily
- RAM releases a lot of heat and therefore it would be good for you to remove the back cover from your device while performing any complex or time consuming task on the phone
- If you are using different accessories with your phone, make sure they are genuine
- Clear the device cache
- Install all the pending updates
Doesn’t recognize Windows 10
The device connectivity with PC is important and matters a lot. You might not be in a position to perform several important tasks in case you are facing this issue. Therefore it is relevant to avoid it immediately. To do so, you can go ahead with the below methods and instructions.
- You simply need to enable the developers option on your first
- This can be done by opening Settings>About us>Build Number and tapping on the same around 7 to 8 times
- You will find the developer option in the main menu
- Simply open it and then enable the USB debugging
- Reboot your device
- Change the USB configuration to MTP
- Always have the latest copy of USB drivers installed on your phone
Well, all modern devices can be operated and controlled through touchscreen these days. In case it shows problems, your device can become totally useless for you. Thus, it is important to deal with this issue. Sometimes it may seem critical to avoid this problem but actually it’s not. You can trust the methods below to keep the things back on track again.
- First of all, try a basic reboot and see if the problem is gone
- Install all the pending updates
- Make sure you are not mistaking this issue with any other
- Always charge the phone after emptying it
- Don’t wear mittens while touching the screen
- Don’t install screen protector unless they are of good quality
- The screen should not contain dust or oil particles
- There could be an internal physical damage to the screen. Make sure of the same
- Try a hard reset after saving the data
The performance is the alone factor that generally decides the interest of users towards a smartphone. It is because of no other reason than this, manufacturers really don’t want to compromise with the same. However, many times it has been seen that devices with top-class hardware specifications face this issue. This is because performance depends on various factors. All the apps that you have installed on your gadget cannot be reliable always and they are the leading factors due to which performance-related problems often arrive. To eliminate this, you can trust the below information.
- Don’t completely fill the device memory
- Perform a virus scanning in the memory and delete the affected files
- Update all the apps
- Make sure no apps are running in the background
- Don’t use the phone while it is put on charging
- Apps with unexpected behavior should be removed immediately
The information regarding the common Redmi Note 5 problems and fixes you just introduced yourself with has been derived from best sources. Probably you can avoid your problem with them. In case it still remains present, you need to contact the official Redmi support immediately. To know anything else about the common Redmi Note 5 problems and fixes, you can comment on the below section.