OnePlus 5 is an amazing smartphone with some of the amazing features. A lot of people have shown intense interest in this smartphone. However, one thing is very clear and i.e. without data, a device is almost nothing. You might have experienced the loss of complete or partial data in your phone earlier and might not be able to recover it. Obviously, it’s a very painful situation. For this reason, we are going to help you on creating a Nandroid Backup on your OnePlus 5. Here is the complete guide to Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 5. Once you have the TWRP Recovery, you can follow this tutorial to create a Nandroid Backup on the OnePlus 5.
Nandroid Backup ensures everything on your device will remain safe even if things go wrong while performing any form of customization. It may seem strange but it’s true. After installing the TWRP as your custom recovery on your device, you can simply follow the guide mentioned in this post for creating a Nandroid backup.
In the present scenario, almost every device has options for data backups such as Apple has a good system for all iOS devices. However, it lacks on Android for a long time. There is also an ADB approach which is common but it fails to backup the data for all the apps. In addition to this, the search engine giant Google has also come with their method which is capable to restore data from all the apps. However, unless the developer considers the code to apps, it is not possible that data remains present on the cloud for restoring in case of a loss.
This is exactly what that made third-party developer to come with alternative approaches such as a custom recovery. Although there are several solutions for custom recovery, TWRP is a good option to consider. Before proceeding with this method, it is necessary that your OnePlus 5 have TWRP installed on it. Also, the bootloader must be unlocked. You can then follow the below guide:
- This method is for OnePlus 5 with TWRP installed.
- You must have an Unlocked Bootloader.
- You need TWRP Recovery on your phone.
Guide to Create a Nandroid Backup on the OnePlus 5
- Firstly boot your device in the recovery mode.
- Simply tap on the backup button available on the left side.
- Select the partitions you need to keep safe.
- You have an option to give your backup a name.
- There is another option to encrypt or compress your backup.
- Now after this, you can begin the process by swiping the white arrows to the right
- Wait for a while and let the backup complete.
- A “Reboot System Button” will appear at the bottom after some time. Simply tap it and you are done.
Once you Create a Nandroid Backup on the OnePlus 5, you can always delete or restore it anytime. Check this article for more knowledge:
This is one of the easiest ways to consider. Actually, a Nandroid backup is a wise option because it keeps your phone’s entire data safe which is not possible with other methods. The best thing is you can simply select the partitions you want the backup of. It is always advisable to go with a full backup.