The Pixel 2 has finally arrived. Google unveiled their newest flagship phones on October 4th, and there are quite a few changes in store. Most Customers buy Pixel Smartphone made by Google to enjoy the latest update of Android OS and power to enjoy the Customization. However, one thing is very clear and i.e. without data, a device is almost nothing. In this guide, we will help you to Create a Nandroid Backup on Pixel 2 and 2 XL.
You might have experienced the loss of complete or partial data in your phone earlier and might not be able to recover it. Obviously, it’s a very painful situation. For this reason, we are going to help you on creating a Nandroid Backup on your Pixel 2 and 2 XL. Here is the complete guide to Install TWRP Recovery on Pixel 2 and 2 XL. Once you have the TWRP Recovery, you can follow this tutorial to create a Nandroid Backup on Pixel 2 and 2 XL.
- How to Boot the Pixel 2 And Pixel 2 XL into Safe Mode
- How to Wipe the Cache Partition on Google Pixel 2/ 2 XL
- How to Fix Bluetooth Issue on Google Pixel 2 and 2 XL
- How to Fix WiFi Issue on Google Pixel 2 and 2 XL (Troubleshoot)
- How to Enter Recovery Mode on Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL
- How to install custom kernel on Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL+
- How to Change the lock screen wallpaper on Pixel 2/2 XL
Nandroid Backup ensures everything on your device will remain safe even if things go wrong while performing any form of customization. It may seem strange but it’s true. After installing the TWRP as your custom recovery on your device, you can simply follow the guide mentioned in this post for creating a Nandroid backup.
In the present scenario, almost every device has options for data backups such as Apple has a good system for all iOS devices. However, it lacks on Android for a long time. There is also an ADB approach which is common but it fails to backup the data for all the apps. In addition to this, the search engine giant Google has also come with their method which is capable to restore data from all the apps. However, unless the developer considers the code to apps, it is not possible that data remains present on the cloud for restoring in case of a loss.
This is exactly what that made third-party developer to come with alternative approaches such as a custom recovery. Although there are several solutions for custom recovery, TWRP is a good option to consider. Before proceeding with this method, it is necessary that your Pixel 2 and 2 XL have TWRP installed on it. Also, the bootloader must be unlocked. You can then follow the below guide:
- This method is for Pixel 2 and 2 XL with TWRP installed.
- You must have an Unlocked Bootloader on Pixel 2/2XL.
- You need TWRP Recovery on Pixel 2/2XL.
Guide to Create a Nandroid Backup on Pixel 2 and 2 XL
- Firstly boot your Pixel 2/XL in the recovery mode.
- Simply tap on the backup button available on the left side.
- Select the partitions you need to keep safe.
- You have an option to give your backup a name.
- There is another option to encrypt or compress your backup.
- Now after this, you can begin the process by swiping the white arrows to the right
- Wait for a while and let the backup complete.
- A “Reboot System Button” will appear at the bottom after some time. Simply tap it and you are done.
Once you Create a Nandroid Backup on Pixel 2 and 2 XL, you can always delete or restore it anytime. Check this article for more knowledge:
This is one of the easiest ways to consider. Actually, a Nandroid backup is a wise option because it keeps your phone’s entire data safe which is not possible with other methods. The best thing is you can simply select the partitions you want the backup of. It is always advisable to go with a full backup.
I hope this guide was helpful to Create a Nandroid Backup on Pixel 2 and 2 XL. Any further queries or questions or suggestions would be welcomed in the comment section below.
- How to Enter Bootloader/Fastboot Mode on Google Pixel 2/ 2 XL
- Most common problems of Google Pixel 2/XL and Their solution and bug fixes
- How to perform Factory Data reset on Google Pixel 2/ Pixel 2 XL
- How to Root TWRP Recovery on Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL
- List Of Best Custom ROM For Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL
- Google Pixel 2 XL Stock Firmware Collections
- How to Take A Screenshot On Pixel 2 And Pixel 2 XL