Crusader Kings III historic-based strategy game that’s all set in the Middle Ages launched recently in September 1, 2020. It has been developed by Paradox Development Studio and published by Paradox Interactive as a second part of Crusader Kings & Crusader Kings II. The game is available for Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux, Macintosh platforms. However, the newly released game is literally facing plenty of bugs or errors mostly on the PC version. Meanwhile, some of the unfortunate players are getting Crusader Kings 3 Bootstrapper and Steam Runtime Communication Error.
If in case, you’re also facing a similar issue with your Windows version then check out the possible workarounds below in order to resolve the problem easily. Though the game is well optimized and the system requirements are quite under control for almost every PC gamers, it seems that somehow these unintentional errors are appearing all the time. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the guide below.
Crusader Kings 3: Fix Bootstrapper Error
According to some of the affected PC players, whenever they’re trying to play the Crusader Kings III game, the “Bootstrapper Error” appears. It also shows an error message that says: “Couldn’t Start the Launcher”.
Now, this issue is most probably causing due to the unauthorized access to the Steam client. Make sure to run the Steam.exe file as an administrator by right-clicking on it.
However, if you’re not fortunate enough to get solved the error, then try to delete the Paradox folder under the Documents. Additionally, you can also follow the below guide as both the errors are related to the same source or reason.
Crusader Kings 3: Fix Steam Runtime Communication Error
Crusader Kings III PC players are reporting that they’re completely unable to play the game as they’re getting the “Steam Runtime Communication” Error. Now, in order to resolve this issue, there are a couple of steps that we’ve mentioned below:
- First of all, open the Crusader Kings III installation folder where you’ve installed this game.
- Open the game launcher settings in the Notepad.
- Now, you will see the Steam text inside the launcher settings. Just replace Steam with GOG > Simply save the changes by pressing Ctrl + S and exit.
- Hopefully, the ‘Steam Runtime Communication Error’ will be solved now.
However, if in case, the particular error doesn’t fixed yet then do the following things:
- Close the Steam client > Go to Windows Settings > Apps > Apps and features > Delete Paradox Launcher v2.
- Next, head over to the following locations and delete the folders respectively.
C:/users//AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/ C:/users//AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/ C:/users//AppData/Roaming/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
- Then right-click on the Steam.exe file > Select Run as administrator > If prompted, click on Yes.
- Alternatively, you can just right-click on the Steam.exe file > Head over to Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab > Enable the checkbox for “Run this program as an administrator” > Click on Apply and then OK.
- Finally, restart your computer and launch the Crusader Kings 3 game on your Steam launcher.
- You’re done. The Steam Runtime Communication Error should have fixed now.
That’s it, guys. We assume that you’ve found this troubleshooting guide very useful. For further queries, you can comment below.