There might have been some drastic changes to your workout routines during this lockdown phase, and Spotify seems to take a note of the same. It has launched a new interactive web session using which you could customize your workout playlist. Answering questions across a diverse field, Spotify will create a new playlist tailored made to your responses. So rather than taking a clue from your listening history, it will make full use of your responses. The ability to create such a custom workout playlist on Spotify has been made possible thanks to the new Soundtrack Your Workout feature. The music streaming service will make use of your answers to certain questions that will pop up in the “quiz”.
From your workout session duration to the ability to add/remove explicit content, to the type of workout that you choose, your response will be responsible for the type of playlist that is about to be created. Likewise, it will also enquire about your workout vibe, whether you are doing it in solo or virtual groups, and the type of genre that you are interested in. Spotify will give you one final option to review all your responses and if reply in the affirmative, Spotify will present you with a new custom workout. So if you are interested in creating one for yourself, then here are the required instruction set. Follow along.
How to Create a Custom Workout Playlist in Spotify
The best part about this is that you could take this quiz as many times as you wish. And by responding to the questions differently every time, you will be able to gift yourself a new custom workout playlist on Spotify. With that said, here is how to use the Soundtrack Your Workout feature.
Steps to Follow
- To begin with, head over to the ‘Soundtrack Your Workout‘ page of Spotify.
- Next up, click on the login to get the moving button and sign in with your credentials.
- The first question will be regarding your workout session duration. Use the ‘+’ and ‘-‘ to adjust the time in minutes accordingly. Click on the Confirm button situated at the bottom right.
- Then it will ask whether you wish to include explicit content or not. On the same page, it will also ask whether you wish to include the music, only podcasts, or both music and podcasts in your playlist. Once you have made your selection, hit the Confirm button.
- Spotify will then ask for your workout type. You could select from yoga, running, biking, cardio, dance, lifting, walking/meditation, and barre/pilates. After choosing the desired type, click on Confirm.
- Then comes the question of your team member in your custom workout playlist. That is, whether you will be working out alone, with your partner in person or virtually, with your kids, pets, or someone else. Select the desired one and hit Confirm.
- Next, you will have to specify your current workout vibe. You could make a selection from Totally Zen, Get Movin’, Ready to dance, Pumped up, Need motivation, and Other. Made the choice? Hit Confirm and move over to the next question.
- Likewise, you will also have to specify the genre that you want to include in the playlist. In this regard, your decision could be based on Rock, Hip-hop, Country, Pop, Indie, K-Pop, Latin, and Metal. After selecting the desired genre, click on Confirm to proceed ahead.
- Finally, it will show you the Review Selections screen, with all your responses. You could also give this playlist a name and add a cover. When everything is done, click on the ‘Soundtrack My Workout’ button present at the bottom right.
- Spotify will take a few seconds and will present you with the tailored made playlist based on your responses. You now have the option to listen to this playlist (Listen Now), share it across various social media platforms, or start over with a new quiz and hence create a new playlist.
So this was all from this guide on how to create a custom workout playlist on Spotify via the Soundtrack My Workout feature. Do let us know your views on the same, in the comments section below. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that you should check out as well.