With the latest update, Chrome 77 has gotten a lot of features and enhancements that the users were waiting for. Example, there is the new customization and theming option, tab grouping, and previews, simple share between two devices, etc. These features all in all makes the Google Chrome 77, a fully packed web browser. One of the main feature that this new update brought in for the Chrome web browser, is the theming options. There is a lot of color options that you can choose from to change the color and look of the tabs. Besides, in this post, we will guide you on how to customize your Chrome browser with your own theme style and create themes of your liking.
However, one thing to note that, some of the features that Google rolled out for the Chrome 7 was already available on other popular browsers. But, it is great to see that Google has acknowledged these features and user needs. And the best part is, you can also create your own set of themes to make the Google Chrome 77 browser more personalized. So, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself;
Customize your Chrome Browser with your own theme style
Note that in this post, we will guide you step-by-step to create your very own personalized theme for the Google Chrome 77 browser. The update has been rolled out very recently and you would want to first update your Chome browser to version number v77.0.3865.90 for desktops and v77.0.3865.92 for Android.
Now, let us take a look at the steps to customize your Chrome browser with your own theme style;
Step 1: Enable the New Customization Tool
The features are not available as a standalone option in the Chrome 77 browser. These features are hidden as flags in the Chrome browser. Moreover, once these features that are available as flags is officially available then, they are removed from the flags. You have to perform a few steps in order to enable the new customization tool. Follow the below steps to do so;
- Type in the search bar of the Google Chrome browser “chrome://flags“.
- Now, under the Chrome Flags page, you will see another search bar. There type in “NTP“.
- Enable both the “Chrome Colors menu” and “NTP customization menu version 2” flags by clicking the box corresponding to both the options.
- You will be shown a pop-up at the bottom of the screen “Your changes won’t take effect until you restart Chrome“. Click on the “Relaunch Now” button to restart the browser.
(make sure that you have saved all your currently working tasks on the browser to avoid any loss of your work)
- That’s it!
Step 2: Customize your Chrome browser
Once you are done with the above steps then, you can now head on to customize your Chrome browser.
- Click the “Customize button” at the bottom of your web page.
- Now, you will see more enhanced customization options available under the Customize section.
- To choose your preferred color, tap on the “Color and theme” button.
- You will be presented a palette that consists of different colors you can choose from or you can tap on the “eye-dropper button” to pick any color from anywhere to apply on the Chrome tab.
- To select a background of your liking, you can tap on the “Background button” to apply any wallpaper on the home screen on the Chrome browser.
- It also gives you the option to “Upload from Device” to use your locally stored image or you can also set “No background” for no wallpaper.
- Under the customization button, you can also choose whether to show shortcuts or not by the toggle button.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. With this new feature, you can quickly and very easily create and apply a theme of your choosing or tweak the settings to change the colors of the tabs. Let us know in the comments below if you liked this post or not. And also do let us know if you faced any difficulties while following any of the above-mentioned steps. Until the next post…Cheers!