The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 comes with some of the best features that other devices ever offered. The edge screen is basically a pull-out-panel that is meant to enable users to have a quick access to the contacts, apps, as well as on the other features. However, it can be a daunting feature for many users. So, In this Post, I will show you how to disable the edge screen on Galaxy Note 8.
It is actually a small white panel that is available on the top edge of the device. Users can swipe it out anytime to see the contacts and apps instantly. Also, there is edge lightening and the same can also be disabled very quickly and in fact, very easy on the Galaxy Note 8. There is nothing much you need to do to disable the edge screen and the instructions for the same are spotlighted in this post.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Model Numbers and Variants
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Stock Firmware Collections
- Best Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- A Guide to Enable Samsung Pay on Galaxy Note 8
How to Disable the Edge Screen on Galaxy Note 8
Before you proceed further, I would like to tell you that the edge screen is a very useful feature and is customizable up to a good extent. It is also a feature that makes it easy for you to use your Samsung Galaxy Note 8. If still, you want to proceed, go ahead with the instructions below.
- Open Settings from the app on your home screen of your Galaxy Note 8 and select “Display”
- Scroll down and select Edge screen
- Tap the toggle switch next to Edge panels to turn it OFF
- At the same time, turn off Edge lighting to get rid of the glowing edges when your phone is face-down
- Simply navigate to settings and turn the Edge screen off, it only takes a few seconds. Alternatively, swipe and open the Edge panel and hit the gear-shaped button on the bottom middle of the screen. Then disable it from this menu as well.
- This same menu has another option to turn OFF Edge lighting, which is where the sides glow for incoming notifications when your phone is face-down. It’s a nice touch, although many choose to turn it off.
Customizing the edge screen
It is true that this feature is a frustrating and thus better option is to customize it. Actually, customizing is easy and can simply let you add as many options as you want. It is suggested to you to move it to another location rather than completely disposing of it. The good news is Samsung give its Galaxy Note 8 users the option to make it transparent and changing the size of the edge panel. Check out the below instructions for the same
- Simply Swipe open the Edge screen and tap the gear-shaped settings button on the bottom middle of the display
- Hit the 3-dots menu button at the top right of the customization menu
- Select Handle settings
It is up to you whether you choose to make it transparent, change its size, or completely remove it from the device. There is nothing much you need to do for any of the options you choose.
I hope this guide was helpful to Disable the Edge Screen on Galaxy Note 8. Any further queries or questions or suggestions would be welcomed in the comment section below.