In this tutorial, we will show you the steps to disable and uninstall Samsung’s Bixby Assistant. Bixby is Samsung’s answer to Google’s Assistant, Amazon’s Alexa, and Apple’s Siri. While it is no doubt a handy functionality for your device, but for some, it’s not just up to the mark. Others don’t need it in the first place and those who do are more inclined towards Google’s offering. Along the same line, many users unintentionally end up launching Bixby, due to the latter’s proximity to the Power key in many Samsung devices.
On some other Galaxy devices, the problem elevates even further when the Power and Bixby key gets combined. Likewise, some users also wish to get rid of the “Hi Bixby” feature as well as the Bixby Home/Samsung Daily feature. Therefore, in this guide, we will list out all the instructions set through which you could disable and uninstall Samsung’s Bixby Assistant from your devices. Follow along.
Table of Contents
On newer Samsung devices such as the Galaxy S20, Note 10, and Note 20, there is now a dedicated Bixby button. While the S20 and Note 20 have the said button on the right side, on Note 10 it is to the left. Since it is placed just beneath the Volume keys and acts as a Power key for these sets of devices, many users end up unknowingly invoking the Bixby. Fortunately, you could disable Bixby from that button. Here are the required steps to do so:
- Bring up the Power menu on your device (either using the Power key or from the Notification Panel).
- Then tap on the Slide Key settings option situated at the bottom.
- Under the Slide Key page, head over to the Press and hold section.
- Change the selection from Wake Bixby to Power off menu.
- That’s it. Now even if you end up long-pressing the Power key, Bixby won’t be activated.
Disable Bixby Button on Older Samsung devices
There was an option to disable the said button on the older S and Note series. However, Samsung then removed that option via a Software update. So while you cannot completely disable this option, you could tweak its settings a little bit. By default, it requires a single press of the Bixby button to launch it, you could now change it to double-press. Here are the required steps to do so:
- Open the Settings menu on your Samsung devices.
- Then go to the Advanced Features section
- Tap on the Bixby Key option.
- Finally, chose the “Double Press to open Bixby” option from the menu.
- With this, you have successfully disabled Bixby on your Samsung Galaxy devices.
Disable the Hi Bixby feature
While Bixby Voice could be a handy feature for some, others are slightly inclined towards the Google Assistant. If you fall in the latter section or just simply don’t wish to use this feature for any reason whatsoever, then the below instructions will come in handy. Follow along.
- Launch the Bixby application from the App Drawer,
- Tap on the hamburger menu situated to the left of your screen.
- Then tap on the Settings icon and scroll to the Voice Wake Up section.
- Within that, you should see the Wake with “Hi, Bixby” toggle option.
- Just disable it and the Hi Bixby feature will be disabled as well.
Disable Bixby Home
Bixby Home (or Samsung Daily) occupies the left-most home screen. It is still debatable as to the reason why one might find it useful. After all, getting Facebook topics and random GIFs doesn’t really qualify for useful content, right? So if you echo these thoughts as well, then disabling them seems to be a no-brainer. The steps are pretty straight-forward and quite easy to execute. Here is what needs to be done:
- Long press on an empty region on the home screen.
- Then tap on the home screen settings icon situated at the bottom.
- Scroll to the left-most home screen and you should find the Bixby Home (or Samsung Daily) page.
- Finally, disable the toggle situated at the top right and the said page will be disabled.
With this, we conclude the guide on how to disable Samsung’s Bixby Assistant. We have shared detailed instructions on how to disable the Bixby button, Hi Bixby feature as well as the Bixby Home page. If you still have any doubts, do let us know in the comments section below. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that you should check out as well.