Lineage OS is one of the most popular custom ROM available for most of the smartphones. Samsung smartphones are not known for its bloatware-free user interface and you will find some of the other third party app installed on any Samsung device. With Lineage OS custom ROM you not only get the bloatware-free user interface but, also get the fast and more customizable ROM for the powerful Samsung device. Moreover, older generation Samsung devices are still quite popular among developers and you can find many of the tutorials or guides for the old Samsung smartphone regarding the custom ROMs. But, with the newer generation smartphones, as Samsung began to ship their devices with the Exynos version of the devices, it became hard for the developers to develop AOSP based distribution.
The US models although continued to get the Snapdragon variants of the devices however, regions like India received the Exynos version of the devices. However, thanks to the XDA developer Ivan Meler, you can now install the Lineage OS 16 for the Galaxy S10, S10E and S10 Plus, Exynos powered smartphones. In this post, we will guide you on how to download and install Lineage OS 16 for the Galaxy S10, S10E and S10 Plus. Note that this Lineage OS 16 is an unofficial custom ROM and you might come across various bugs and glitches on your device. SO, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself;
Table of Contents
Download and Install Lineage OS 16 for Galaxy S10, S10E and S10 Plus
Before we head into the procedure to download and install the Lineage OS 16 for the Galaxy S10, S10E and the S10 Plus devices, let us take a look at the features and bugs associated with this unofficial Lineage OS 16 for the S10 family;
- Supports Mali drivers
- USB tethering
- Video Playback
- Fingerprint Sensor
- Ril (Mobile data, calls, SMS and stuff)
- All the Sensors
- Wifi HotSpot
- 2D and 3D GPU acceleration
- HW encoding/decoding
- HWcomposer (HWC)
- Signal indicator
- Camera Enhancements will not work.
- Secure Folder is not supported.
- VoLTE is also not supported.
- S10’s overlay is too large as compared to the S10 Plus and S10E. This bug will be fixed with future updates.
- Other small issues and bugs.
How To Report A Bug?
Note that the current release is marked as Beta, and users are encouraged to report bugs and glitches they found in the LIneage OS 16 for the S10 family. Also, keep in mind that some of the Samsung services like the Knox will permanently become un-supported due to unlocking the bootloader, and this will also void the warranty of the device.
However, you can report the bugs and glitches that you face after installation of this ROM on your device by following the below steps;
- /proc/last_kmsg (or /proc/kmsg)
Moreover, the developer has advised not to report bugs if you have performed any system modifications excluding Gapps and addonsu installation.
Official Changelog of the Lineage OS 16
- Improved auto-brightness debounce values
- Properly fixed signal indicator
- Fixed Proximity sensor in calls (Note that it works in the same way as on stock so not every app can use it just like on stock)
- Added SENSOR permission for sensors/services using it (see system/etc/permissions/privapp-permissions-ssensor.xml)
- Fixed the issue where wrong power hal would be loaded
- General stability improvements
- Improved installer handling
- First public release
|ROM OS Version||Android 9.x. Pie|
|ROM Kernel||Linux 4.x|
|Based on||Lineage OS|
Below are the links to download the Lineage OS 16 for the S10, S10Plus or the S10E device. WE have also included the links to some other important tools you need to have while installing this ROM.
Steps to Install the Lineage OS 16 on the S10, S10E and S10 Plus
- Firstly, note that and make sure that you are on the ASG8 firmware.
- Download the official TWRP from the website for your compatible device.
- Now, go ahead and flash the TWRP on your device.
- Once, you are in the TWRP flash the multi-disabler.
- Now, format the data on your device.
- Download and flash the vbmeta_disabler.zip.
- Again go to the same link above and flash the new fixed TWRP as the official one doe not treat the S10 devices properly as system-as-root a-only device. So, you cannot install the Gapps and addonsu.
- Now, reboot to recovery.
- Wipe the cache dalvink system.
- Download and flash LineageOS 16 for your compatible device.
- If you want to have Gapps, you need to flash them right after flashing the ROM before first booting.
- Now, install addonsu if you want to root your device.
- Finally, reboot the device.
You can find the screenshots below for your references;
Source: XDA Developers
So, there you have it from my side in this post. Hope you have followed the instructions and steps as mentioned in the above guide and also were successful in installing the unofficial Lineage SO 16 for the Samsung Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, and the S10E devices. Let us know in the comments below if you liked this post and also report us any link failures or you want any clarification regarding the steps mentioned above. Until the next post…Cheers!