The FiiO BTR5 is a portable Bluetooth amplifier that’s crafted to deliver the best in class sound quality in your music via your headphones. It gives a powerful and seamless communication over Bluetooth or NFC pairing. Now, if you’re using this device or if you’ve purchased it before 25th Dec 2019, then you may have to upgrade it to the latest firmware version. Otherwise, if you’re looking for a Stock ROM to flash, check out the guide on how to Download and Install Stock Firmware on FiiO BTR5.
The device supports multiple audio codes like AAC, SBC, aptX, aptX LL, aptX HD, and LDAC. While the built-in amplifier & DAC offers crystal clear, stereo sound effects with less noise and distortion. The 24-bit Qualcomm CSR8675 Bluetooth chip, DAC ES9218P*2 chip, the 3.5+2.5mm headphone outputs, Bluetooth 5.0, XMOS XUF208 chip, NFC, 9 hours of battery life, In-Line remote control, Dual Hi-Res Audio, etc are the highlighted specs or features.
Meanwhile, the software update brings some of the changes and improvements to the amplifier with a software version FW1.0.6. Such as the battery charging status indicator has been improved, other bugs fixed, and the sampling rate recognition has been improved while connecting to a mobile phone as USB DAC. You can manually install the firmware update by following the guide below. Let’s take a quick look at the update changelog as well.
FiiO BTR5 FW1.0.6 - Changelog:
- The battery indication in charging status improved: the battery scrolling is based on the current battery
- The sampling rate recognition improved when connecting to a mobile phone as USB DAC
- Other bugs fixed.
- Download FiiO BTR5 FW1.0.6: BTR5-FW1.0.6.dfu | Mirror 1 | Mirror 2
- USB DAC Driver (v4.47.0): Link
- You can check the firmware version in the FiiO BTR5 at first. Go to the Menu (Hold the power button for a couple of seconds) > Version (Press the Power button on the Menu) > 1.X.X.
- Don’t update the firmware again if your FiiO BTR5 is already running on the latest firmware.
- Make sure to charge your FiiO BTR5 Bluetooth amplifier before doing anything.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Download the firmware file and driver on your PC.
Steps to Install Stock Firmware on FiiO BTR5
- First of all, unzip the “Firmware upgrade package” on your PC and open the extracted folder.
- Now, enter the amplifier into DFU mode.
- Switch on the FiiO BTR5 and hold the Multifunctional button (placed in the middle of the Power button and Volume buttons) for around 5 seconds. The ‘pairing’ shows up in the BTR5. Just hold the Multifunctional button and Volume Up button together for around 5 seconds to enter into DFU mode.
- Then connect the BTR5 with the computer via the Type-C USB cable.
- Run the ‘FiiOBluetoothDfu’ program and click on the ‘Start Upgrade’ option > click on ‘OK’ and the upgrade program will run automatically.
- Finally, disconnect the USB cable and reboot your FiiO BTR5 device normally.
- You’re done. Enjoy!
We hope you’ve found this guide useful and successfully installed the ROM on your FiiO BTR5. If you’ve any queries, you can comment below.