This is the first week going on for July 2019 and Samsung has started rolling out June 2019 Security Patch for Galaxy S8 device from last month already. The update brings the latest security maintenance for the handset. The Galaxy Note 8 and this year’s flagship Galaxy S10 also got the June Android Security Patch 2019 level a few days ago. The update comes with a version number of G950FXXS5DSFA.
It released in Greece, Germany, Spain, Italy, Luxembourg, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Switzerland, and more. Most importantly the firmware update can be downloaded from the link given below. We will also provide you the pre-requirements and flashing guide properly. Samsung has confirmed that the update fixes almost 08 critical Android system vulnerabilities. Additionally, around a dozen of high-risk bugs are fixed now. Meanwhile, there were a total of 11 vulnerabilities found in Samsung’s One UI which also solved by the security patch.
Check for OTA Updates from device
The software update is rolling out via batches and may take some time. You can wait for the official OTA update notification. Otherwise, you can also check for the OTA update from the device manually. In order to do that, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Navigate to the phone Settings > System Update.
- Tap on Check for Latest Updates.
- If the June Security patch 2019 update available on your device, then tap on Download button and Install the update.
Here are details mentioned about the firmware which brings the June 2019 security patch for Galaxy S8 below.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S8
- Model: SM-G950
- Baseband Version: G950FXXS5DSFA
- Security Patch Level: 2019-06-01 (June)
- Software Supported: Odin Flash Tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
- Size: 3.16 GB
Steps to Manually Install June 2019 Software Update on Galaxy S8
You need to follow the regular method using Odin Tool to install the new stock firmware on Galaxy S8. Check out the tutorial mentioned below along with requirements and download link.
- This ROM file is only for Galaxy S8 handset. Don’t use it on other devices.
- Charge your device battery up to 50% at least for a smoother process.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB Cable will require.
- Take a Full Backup of your device data before doing anything.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Install the Samsung Kies software on your computer.
- You need to Enter into the Samsung Download Mode as well.
Download G950FXXS5DSFA Stock ROM for Galaxy S8
Check out the Galaxy S8 June 2019 Patch update file download link given below.
G950FXXS5DSFA | Download File
Guide for Firmware Installation
We have provided the firmware installation guide with the links below. Check out the full guide to install Samsung Stock Firmware via Odin Tool easily.
You can check out our full-depth video tutorial as well:Video Guide on Flashing Stock Firmware on Any Samsung Device using Odin
We hope that this guide will be helpful to you and you have successfully installed the latest update on your Samsung S8 device. In case, if you have any queries, feel free to write down in the comments below.