Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ are now receiving the February 2020 Security patch in Spain and Austria with build number G950FXXS7DTB1 (S8) and G955FXXS7DTB1 (S8 Plus) respectively. The update is based on Android 9.0 Pie. If you have received this update, then you must be a lucky user to enjoy February 2020 patch on your phone if you don’t then manually install the firmware.
The update is currently live and rolling via OTA. It may take a couple of days or more to arrive on all the units completely. For your info, the February 2020 patchset fixes a security vulnerability in the media framework that could enable a remote attacker to cause security issues. In short, it provides enhanced system security for the device.
Check OTA Update
As we said, this OTA update always roll-out in a phased-wise manner, and not all the users may get the same update at the same time. It may take weeks or months to receive the update. So, it’s better to check for the software update on your device via Settings > System > System Updates > Check for Updates.
If the latest firmware update is available for your handset, grab it by downloading and installing.
Ensure that the device is charged more than 60% and connected to a Wi-Fi network as well.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+
- Region: Spain/Austria and will soon make to entire Europe
- Build Number: G950FXXS7DTB1 (S8) and G955FXXS7DTB1 (S8 Plus)
- Android OS Version: Android 10 Q
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-02-01
How to Install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+
To flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (G950FXXS7DTB1 / G955FXXS7DTB1) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
So, make sure to download the February 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy S8/S8+ model with build number G950FXXS7DTB1 (S8) and G955FXXS7DTB1 (S8 Plus). We hope that this guide was helpful to you.