When Samsung Galaxy S8 users are waiting for the Android Q, Today Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus started receiving the latest January 2020 Security Patch in Canada. The new software update is arriving on the Galaxy S8 Plus Canadian models with a new software version G955WVLS7CSL1 based on Android 9.0 Pie. It’s worth mentioning that the update is rolling out for the Bell, Virgin, Globalive, Sasktel, Koodo, and Telus, East link carrier. Are you interested in downloading and installing this firmware? Check the full guide here.
Talking about the January 2020 Android Security Patch Level fixes a critical security vulnerability in the Media framework that could enable a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code using a crafted file. That means it will increase system security and stability as well. As the OTA update is making its way in a phased manner, it will take some days to hit all the units globally. Meanwhile, the Galaxy S8 Plus users can check for OTA updates.
Table of Contents
Check Software Updates (OTA)
All the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus users can check the software update manually from the device Settings >> System >> System updates whether the new firmware version is available or not. Make sure to keep connected to a Wi-Fi network and charge the device more than 60% at least.
If the software update isn’t available for your variant, you should follow the full guide below along with requirements and download links.
Firmware Info: G955WVLS7CSL1
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus (SM-G955W)
- Region: Canada
- Build Number: G955WVLS7CSL1
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: ODIN Flash Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-01-01
- Supported Carriers: Bell, Virgin, Globalive, Sasktel, Koodo, Telus, and East link
Steps to Install Stock Firmware on Canada Galaxy S8 Plus
In order to install the latest January 2020 patch update on the Galaxy S8 Plus Canadian variant, you will need to follow the requirements and download links below.
- This firmware is exclusive for Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus (Canada) model.
- Try to charge your phone up to 60% minimum.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB Cable are required.
- Backup your device data completely.
- Make sure to download and install the drivers, tools on your PC.
Firmware Installation Guide:
Now, you can follow the guide given below along with a video tutorial for your ease.
How to install stock firmware on Galaxy S8 Plus using ODIN tool
We hope you’ve found this guide helpful. To recall, check out the Galaxy S8 Plus specifications below.