Xiaomi devices offers better hardware specifications with a good camera and MIUI skin at a very competitive price tag. While the entry-level Xiaomi devices are also competing with other smartphone brands in the market. The Xiaomi Redmi 5A was launched back in 2017 with entry-level specs in both China and India region. It was the successor version of its predecessor Xiaomi Redmi 4A. Though the MIUI Stock Camera has plenty of features to take photos and videos, GCam is much better. Here in this article, we will share with you the link to Download Google Camera for Xiaomi Redmi 5A. It’s a ported Google Camera app that comes as an APK file and we have also shared the installation steps.
If you’re an Android user or a mobile photography lover then you should know about Google Camera and its performance. Google Camera only comes with Google Pixel devices officially. However, the third-party developers have ported the original GCam app for so many devices including Redmi 5A. You can manually download and install the Google Camera APK file on your Redmi 5A device.
The Redmi 5A came with a single rear and a single selfie camera. It has a 13MP sensor with an f/2.2 aperture lens along with PDAF, HDR, Panorama, and an LED flash. While the front features a 5MP selfie shooter with an f/2.0 aperture lens. Though the MIUI Stock Camera app offers so many features and options but the output quality isn’t that great for a single lens device. Even most of the flagship Android devices also come with the powerful camera setup, camera app, and software optimization. But the image results or video results aren’t that satisfactory after zooming or in low light conditions. But when it comes to the performance of Google Camera, it stands out from all. The powerful software coding for the GCam offers stunning image and video quality even in dark conditions.
Ported Google Camera for Redmi 5A:
If you have ever heard about Google Camera or have already used it, then you should know the performance of the GCam app on any Android device. Whether you’re using a single camera setup or dual or more, Google Camera offers stunning image quality even in low light. The color contrast level, exposure, saturation level, night sight mode, edge detection in portrait mode works perfectly. Additionally, the white balance, autofocus, portrait mode, HDR mode, Panorama, Lens Blur, AR Stickers, Google Lens, Slow Motion, and more are the useful options you can find in GCam app.
Google Camera is a stock camera app for Pixel devices which is ported by third-party developers for most of the other flagship or budget Android devices. The powerful software coding and optimization in the Google Camera app delivers literally brilliant image quality. So, if you have a Xiaomi Redmi 5A device and you want to use the GCam on the Android Oreo version now, follow this guide.
Download Google Camera for Xiaomi Redmi 5A APK
GCam v5 for Xiaomi Redmi 5A.APK (Oreo) – Link
Steps to Install Magisk Module and Enable Camera2API
- First, you must be running on the Oreo-based MIUI 10 latest global OCKMIXM version. That’s necessary.
- Now, reboot your device to fastboot mode via switching off the device. Then press and hold the volume down button & turn on the power button without releasing the volume button until fastboot is shown on the display.
- Then flash or boot into the TWRP recovery mode. (guide)
- Next, flash the latest Magisk – https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases
- Install the Magisk module from this link to force enable HAL3/Camera2API on MIUI 10 (Nougat).
- Reboot after the complete installation process, now your device might be in bootloop.
- Next, restart to TWRP recovery mode and perform factory data wipe.
- Then go to the TWRP Advanced option > Tools > enable Camera2API > flash it.
- Now, restart your device. Now, you have GCam support enabled in your device along with MIUI 10 stock camera.
- First, you have to download the GCam.APK file on your Redmi 5A device from the link given above.
- Then copy the downloaded APK file to your mobile internal or external storage.
- Now, if you’re going to install any APK file for the first time, then enable Unknown Sources option from the device Settings > Security > Additional settings > Privacy.
- Next, go to the folder and tap on the GCam APK file to install it.
- Once the installation process complete, open the GCam app on your device.
- You’re now ready to use the beast.
- If in case, you need to change any camera settings, simply go to the More option > Settings menu and change according to your preference.
We hope this article is helpful to you and you’ve easily installed the GCam app on your Xiaomi Redmi 5A device. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.