Here in this article, we will share with you the details and links to download the Google Camera for Xiaomi Poco X2 [Complete GCAM Working Port] that can be also used for Redmi K30 model. If you don’t know, the Xiaomi Redmi K30 was launched in December 2019 and the Xiaomi Poco X2 is a rebranded version of Redmi K30 with the same design and hardware specifications, launched a month ago. So, the mentioned Gcam ported APK file will be compatible with both the models without any issue.
Now, talking about the Google Camera app, it’s one of the best in class third-party camera apps right now in the market for Android devices. Google has developed this camera app and works on the Pixel series officially as a stock camera app. But thanks to some of the Google Camera ported app developers for making the compatible Google Camera APK files for the non-Pixel Android devices.
Meanwhile, both the Xiaomi devices and Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset phones are quite developer-friendly so that once a device launched, users don’t need to wait for a long time to receive third-party apps support.
Table of Contents
Xiaomi Poco X2 / Redmi K30 Camera – Overview
As both the Xiaomi Redmi K30 and Poco X2 model comes with the same specifications, the camera details are also the same. The rear packs a quad-camera setup that includes a 64MP (wide, f/1.9) + an 8MP (ultrawide, f/2.2) + a 2MP (macro, f/2.4) + a 2MP (depth, f/2.4) lens along with PDAF, HDR, Panorama, a dual-LED flash, etc.
On the front side, it features a dual selfie camera of a 20MP (wide, f/2.2) and a 2MP (depth, f/2.4) lens with HDR mode.
Google Camera for Xiaomi Poco X2
The Google Camera app offers Night Sight mode, PhotoSphere, HDR+, HDR+ enhanced, RAW, ZSL, AR Stickers, Portrait mode with Focus Slider, Super Res Zoom, Google Lens Suggestion, etc. It also features AR Emojis, TimeLapse, Slow-Motion videos, Video Stabilization, Advanced Settings, and more. Images are taken from the GCam app come out very sharp and detailed in both the day & night light conditions.
Therefore, no other stock camera apps can’t compete head-to-head with the Google Camera app in terms of the image quality or color contrast, saturation level, exposure, dynamic range, etc. Now, talking about the GCam ported APK for Redmi K30/Poco X2, San1ty developer has the most stable build than other developers. This developer has shared two different ported APK files with the different Google Camera app versions such as Google Camera 7.3.020 (BSG) and Google Camera 6.2.030 (San1ty).
- The Google Camera 6.2.030 port is expected to be the most stable camera app port, according to the developer.
- The Google Camera 7.3.020 port is in the early beta stage and may be unstable or buggy. But it supports Astrophotography Mode, Ultrawide Lens, and Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) features.
- San1ty based GCam ports do not support the XML config files.
- XML config files are supported by trCamera and Parrot043 ports.
- Make sure to clear Google Camera app data & cache from the Settings menu while upgrading the Gcam app version. Otherwise, it may force close after installing the new update.
- Google Camera 7.3.020 San1ty – PocoSv10.5b.apk
- GCam 7.2.030 Parrot043 – MGC_7.3.020_Parrot043-v1.apk | XML config (<internal storage>/ConfigsCamera7)
- Google Camera 7.2.010 Urnyx05 – GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v1.4.apk
- GCam 6.2.030 San1ty (Poco-X2) – POCOX2_F1v9.6_6.2.030.apk
- trCamera by tigr (Dream Cacher) – trCamera-v2.1.apk | XML config
Steps to Install Google Camera on Poco X2
- Download the respective GCam APK and XML config file from the download link above.
- Now, move both the files to the internal storage of your phone.
- In the internal storage, create a new folder called GCam.
- Open the GCam folder and create another folder called Configs7.
- Paste the downloaded XML file inside the Configs7 folder.
- Make sure that the Unknown Sources option is enabled on your device. In order to this, go to the device Settings menu > Security/Privacy > enable it. [If already enabled, skip to the installation]
- Now, tap on the downloaded GCam APK file and select the Install button.
- Once the installation is done, launch the Google Camera app and give all the required permissions.
- Finally, double-tap on the blank area beside the camera shutter button.
- It will open Choose Config > Select the XML config file > Tap on RESTORE.
- You’re done.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this article useful and you’re running the stable Google Camera app on your Xiaomi Poco X2 / Redmi K30. If you’ve any queries, you can comment below.