Huawei has already begun the rollout of the EMUI 9.1 for its devices. It is planning to gradually push the update for a total of 49 devices. Now the Huawei P20 Pro (CLT–L09, CLT-L29) started receiving the EMUI 9.1 update with July 2019 Security patch. The update is based on Android 9.0 Pie and EMUI 9.1 brings improved performance, new wallpapers and icons and more.
The update has already started rolling for Huawei P20 Pro via over the air (OTA) and will soon reach the users globally. If you have not received the EMUI 9.1 update, then you can manually check for the software update. To check for the software update manually from the Huawei P20 Pro, Open Settings > System Update > Software update. But if you’re an advanced user and don’t want to wait for a long, install the firmware update package from the Huawei flash tool.
However, due to geographical region or priority of the tele-carrier, not every region is going to see the update at the same time. So, We have put up the download link for the ROM based on the new EMUI 9.1 with July 2019 patch along with a complete installation guide. Check it out.
Official Firmware Details :
- Device: Huawei P20 Pro
- Model No: CLT–L09, CLT-L29
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
- EMUI Version: 9.1
- Security Patch: July 2019
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Size : 1.7 GB
- Integrates Google security patches released in July 2019 for improved system security.
Steps to Install Firmware on Huawei P20 Pro
Before following the below guide on how to install the firmware on Huawei P20 Pro, you need to follow certain requirements. Download the required files before flashing the firmware on your phone.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal/external damages to the device that may happen while/after following this guide.
- Supported Device: Huawei P20 Pro [CLT–L09, CLT-L29]
- What you need: You need to Activate the Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Required Drivers: Download Huawei USB Drivers.
- Backup before upgrading: Take a complete backup before flashing the firmware on your phone. Here is some backup method which you can follow.
- Charge before upgrading: Make sure you have enough battery to run the upgrade process. It is recommended that the power of the battery is more than 30%.
Still not able to update? then you can flash the latest update using this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
We have also shared useful extraction trick to Extract and Install the Update.app file from Huawei Firmware package.