Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite (codename: platina) launched in September 2018. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo and will soon get an upgrade to Android 9.0 Pie. Here we will discuss which are the available custom ROM based on Android 9.0 Pie update for Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite.
Talking about the specifications, Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite features a 6.26 inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels. The device is powered by Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 (14 nm) processor under Adreno 512 GPU. The handset packs 64/128GB variant with 4/6GB of RAM. Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite sports a Dual rear camera with 12MP + 5MP camera and Single Selfie camera with a 24MP depth camera. The smartphone is running on Android 8.1 Oreo under MIUI software package and backed by 3350 mAh battery. It has a fingerprint reader on the back.
To install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery or you can flash via ADB sideload method if it’s a GSI build. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Android 9.0 Pie on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Android 9.0 Pie.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
[su_youtube_advanced url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HSqeuLK4G0″ controls=”alt” rel=”no”]
Want to try Android 9.0 Pie Update for Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite?
If you want to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie features, then follow the below guide.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite.
- Supported on Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Do a full data wipe in the stock recovery (this is mandatory, twrp wipe will not work)
- Your Mi 8 Lite must be bootloader unlocked.
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite.
- Download any Android 9.0 Pie build:
Version CypherOS on Mi 8 Lite Bootleggers ROM on Mi 8 Lite Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite Resurrection Remix on Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite PixysOS on Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps package. [Flash Gapps after rebooting to a system and then back to recovery]
[su_note note_color=”#fee9e9″ text_color=”#000000″]Warning: We are not responsible if you brick your device. Do it at your own risk.[/su_note]
Instructions to Install on Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite:
- To install via TWRP Recovery follow our guide on how to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- To install GSI build via TWRP or ADB Sideload method: How to Install Generic System Image on Project Treble Devices
Root Android 9.0 Pie on Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite:
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install SuperSU root on your phone.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Hope this guide was helpful to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite.