Huawei has started seeding a new update OTA with build B380 Nougat Firmware on Honor 8 FRD-L09 in Middle East Region. This update comes with several bug fixes and improvements which were found in the earlier version of Android Nougat. The update has started to roll out via OTA in a phase wise manner. You can either wait for the OTA to hit your notification or you can update to B380 Nougat Firmware On Honor 8 FRD-L09 manually.
The new update B380 Nougat OTA packs with some minor improvements and security patch such as optimizes power consumption, increases HiVoice’s voice recognition speed, and integrates Google security patches. Also this new update fixes the bugs where error prompts occasionally displayed when Camera was opened while using OK Google and Fixes an issue where contacts would disappear.
To receive the OTA update on your phone manually, your phone must be running Stock Firmware without any root or mods installed. If you have received the update then before downloading and installing B380 firmware, make sure to charge your phone to at least 50% battery. To be on a safer side, take a full backup of your data using our guide below.
If you didin’t receive the update notification, then Go to System settings –> About Phone —> Software update and check for the update if any. If you still not received the update, then you can follow below guide on How to Download and Install B380 Nougat Stock Firmware On Honor 8.
From the below guide you will learn on How to B380 Nougat Firmware On Honor 8 FRD-L09 manually. Please read the steps carefuly. We are not responsible if you damage/brick your phone.
What Is In Android 7.0 Nougat And Its Feature?
It’s been a while since Android 7.0 Nougat has released. As we know Google Pixel is the first smartphone by Google which debuts the Android 7.0 Nougat update which comes with a unique feature called Google Assistant, an AI bot which acts and talk like a human. With Android Beta Program, Google released the Android 7.0 Nougat update for all Nexus device in the form of the developer preview. The update is pretty stable and Fair warning, though, that the developer preview isn’t free of bugs.
Android 7.0 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
About Honor 8:
- This Update is only for Honor 8 users.
- This ROM is an experimental release, It may contain Bugs.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed
- Take complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
ALSO RELATED POST :
Official Firmware Details :
- Device : Honor 8
- Model No : FRD-L09
- Android OS : 7.0 Nougat
- EMUI Version : 5.0
- Firmware : B380
- Build Number : FRD-L09C185B380 (Middle East)
- Region : Middle East
- Status : Official
- Type : Full firmware image
- Size : 1.3 GB
How to Install B380 Nougat Firmware On Honor 8 (Middle East ) (Nougat EMUI 5.0)
- First of all, Download the Stock ROM from above link and move it to your SD Card/Internal memory
- Now Extract the Downloaded ROM ZIP file on your SD Card
- Look for the folder called “dload” in your SD Card root. if you don’t have Create a folder called dload in the root directory and move the update.app file in dload folder.
- In your phone, dial *#*#2846579#*#* from phone dialer to open the hidden menu.
- Navigate the option Project Menu –> Software Upgrade –> SDCard.
- Now select the update.app and Run update.
- Wait untill the installation process completes.
- Once the installation process is completed.
- Now extract the second file (update_data_Xxxxx) from above and save all the files in the dload folder.
- repeat the same 4-8 Steps above.
- That’s it ! You have Installed the latest version of B380 build on Honor 8.
- Download the Stock ROM from above.
- Extract the Downloaded ZIP file.
- Create a folder called dload in the root directory and move the update.App file in dload folder.
- Now turn off your device.
- Press “Volume Up + Volume Down and Power Button” simultaneously. The Update installation starts automatically.
- Wait until update installation completes.
- Now extract the second file (update_data_xxx_xxxx) from above and save all the files in the dload folder.
- Repeat step 3 to 6 again.
Let us know your feedback on this latest update In the comment section below.
[su_divider top=”no” size=”1″][su_divider size=”1″][/su_divider]