Post last updated on 27th December 2017: If you have installed CyanogenMod 14 or CyanogenMod 14.1 then you must flash the CM 14 Gapps to get all functionalities of Google services. Already Official CyanogenMod 14.1 Nightly ROM's available to Download. Follow this Step by Step guide to Install GApps for CM14 or CM 14.1 ROMs.
GApps (Google Apps) is the must on every Android smartphone to run Google Play store services. Most of the AOSP or CyanogenMod ROMs doesn't include GApps, So users have to install GApps pack separately. Recently Google has released the sweetest Android Nougat Update. If you are still using older version then check this guide to update your device.
CyanogenMod 14 ROMs are based on latest Android Nougat. If you are flashing any custom ROM, then that ROM includes only apps provided by CyanogenMod team, So you will not have any Google services, you can't even install any google apps as you don't have play store to download them and you must have google play services installed to run any Google App (Gmail, Google Plus, Youtube and many other applications). So you have to flash GApps for CM 14 ROMs to enjoy all the Google Apps.
Check Popular Post
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices - Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- This Method is only for CM 14 or CM 14.1 users.
- Custom TWRP recovery must have been installed on your device.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed
- Take the complete backup of your phone and then proceed. (It will not erase your data, But still we recommend).
HOW TO INSTALL GAPPS IN CYANOGENMOD 14 / 14.1.
- Download Google GApps For Android 7.0 / 7.1 Nougat ROMs
- Copy the zip file in your phone’s SD card.
- Switch off and Reboot your device into TWRP recovery (press Volume down + Power Button key together)
- Now Click on Install, choose ROM Zip file and Swipe to Install.
- Wait until Installation Process completes and reboot your Device.
Let us know your feedback on this latest update In comment section below.