Good News for every Samsung Galaxy S6 Users, Now you can download and Install MIUI 8 on Samsung Galaxy S6. Follow the below guide on How to Download and Install MIUI 8 on Samsung Galaxy S6. This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S6 users. Read the steps carefully before jumping into flashing process. The guide is simple and easy which will give you the taste of new MIUI 8 on Samsung Galaxy S6.
Did you get bored with Official Stock ROM from Samsung Galaxy S6 ? then here is a very famous custom ROM called MIUI 8. MiUi 8 is the latest version of Xiaomi released for their smartphone. This ROM is also supported on many other devices from the community called MiUi which is quite known for all. This MiUi 8 Global Stable ROM based on Android 6.0 Marhsmallow OS Ported with CyanogenMod 13 has corefile to Samsung Galaxy S6. This guide is to Install MIUI 8 for Samsung Galaxy S6. This is not an official MiUi 8 for Samsung Galaxy S6 from MiUi 8 community. Now you can download and Install MiUi 8 for Samsung Galaxy S6 using Custom Recovery like TWRP/CWM.
Table of Contents
How to Download and Install MIUI 8 on Samsung Galaxy S6
MiUi 8 features bring a whole new experience from Stock ROM. MiUI 8 comes with a handful of features which is implemented into ROM by request of Community. The latest features for MIUI 8 for Samsung Galaxy S6 are Mi Cloud Photo Sync,Quick ball – a hovering button, Dual apps, New Calculator, Notes, Photo and Video Editing, Anti-Fraud SMS Security etc
[su_heading size="19" align="left"]MIUI 8 V18.104.22.168 Changelog[/su_heading]
· New – Three-fingered swipe for screenshots (08-09).
· New – The app order in quick sharing is dynamically sorted by usage frequency (09-13)
· New – Set your Lock screen wallpaper as the conversation background (09-13).
· Optimization – Opening contacts in Messaging (08-19).
Lockscreen, Status Bar, Notification Bar
· Optimization – Saved networks aren’t shown in the network list (08-05).
· Optimization – LED notification light turned off by default in permissions (08-05)
· Optimization – Tap the date in the status bar to open Calendar (09-07)
· Optimization – Swipe down for toggles, rearrange toggles (09-20)
· Fix – Holding a notification didn’t give any results (08-19).
· Fix – Notification shade issues in Second space (08-31).
· Fix – Status bar wasn’t working properly with third party themes in some cases (09-01)
· Fix – Issues with volume level notification in Second space when using earphones (09-05).
· Fix – Weather widget issues (09-20).
· Optimization – Changing wallpaper in editing mode (08-19).
· Optimization – Hold the empty spot on the Home screen to enter the editing mode (09-06)
· Optimization – Exit recents automatically to take a call (09-13)
· Fix – Issues with icons after reflashing the device (08-08).
· Fix – FC issues in hidden notes (08-15)
· Fix – Device didn’t respond after updating and rebooting (09-06)
· Fix – FC issues when switching between themes (09-06)
· Fix – Messaging app icon wasn’t marked when messages were received in Second space (09-20)
· Fix – Time flashed in status bar when pressing Home button (09-27).
· Fix – Time wasn’t shown in status bar in some cases (09-27).
· New – Three-fingered swipe for screenshots (08-09).
· New – Slide down to exit fullscreen preview (08-30).
· New – Turn off screenshot sound in screenshot settings (08-31).
· New – The app order in quick sharing is dynamically sorted by usage frequency (09-13).
· New – Introducing Privacy protection password (10-12)
· New – Added permissions for Lock screen and background notifications (08-19)
· New – Delete synced recordings from the device keeping them in the cloud (09-13)
Clock / Calculator
· New – C button clears current calculation, AC clears all history (08-17)
· New – Automatic font size adjustments for the numbers you enter (08-17)
· New – Long press the numbers to convert them to the Chinese financial characters (08-17)
· Optimization – Colored backgrounds for Alarm (08-23)
· New – Swipe to the edge of the screen to hide Quick ball (09-08)
Download MIUI 8 ROM
- How to Root And Install Official TWRP For Samsung Galaxy S6
- Install Resurrection Remix OS For Samsung Galaxy S6 (Android Nougat)
- How to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 13 On Samsung Galaxy S6
- How To Install Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 On Samsung Galaxy S6
- How to Download and Install MIUI 8 on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
PRE-REQUISITE TO INSTALL MIUI 8 Global Stable ROM for Samsung Galaxy S6
- This will work on Samsung Galaxy S6 Device, Don’t Try this in Any other device
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone
- Download the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
ALSO RELATED POST
Steps for How to Install MIUI 8 on Samsung Galaxy S6
- First of all, you need to boot into Recovery -> First Switch off your phone -> Press the Recovery Key combination Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously -> You will see the recovery option (In Some Brand, Volume Up and Power button).
- Before installing any custom ROM, it’s better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking theWipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage.
- Swipe to WIPE.
- Now Click the Install Button to Flash MIUI 8 Beta.
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom ROM (better if you move the custom ROM zip file into root of your internal memory).
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation.
- Now again, Go back and Press Install to flash the bloatware_removal_min.zip Then reboot.
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone. You have Installed MIUI 8 on Samsung Galaxy S6 Successfully.
- Now boot your phone and complete the Installation Setup by selecting english language.
- To install Google Play Store and Services, Install the Apk file given from above download link
- That’s it! Enjoy MIUI 8 Global Stable for Samsung Galaxy S6
- If it ask for password, please wipe using TWRP and Reboot
Source – Link