OnePlus has rleased the new Open Beta updates for both OnePlus 3 and 3T. The company brings OxygenOS Open Beta 17 for OnePlus 3 with many additional features and enhancements. It is now available for users to download and install. Recently the company released the Android Nougat update for OnePlus 3 based OxygenOS 4.1.4. The latest OxygenOS Open Beta 17 brings additional much needed features such as Always On Display 2.0, Quick Sharing features on Camera App, a new OnePlus font and also abilities to turn on the light when we lift the device. Along with new feature, OnePlus also improved the User Interface of many stock apps and also optimized and improved the performance of the device. For more check changelog.
Want to try HydrogenOS, Now you can install the latest HydrogenOS Beta 14 for OnePlus 3 which was released recently for OnePlus Local Market in China.
If you are already running a beta version instead of stable, then you will receive the OTA update of OxygenOS Open Beta 17 on OnePlus 3. In case if you are not on beta and if you can’t wait for the OTA and want to update manually, then download the OxygenOS Open Beta 17 for OnePlus 3 from below link. Follow the full guide on How to Update OxygenOS on OnePlus 3 manually with Open Beta 17.
You can always sideload the new version by following our simple guide. Now flash OxygenOS Beta 4 OTA on OnePlus 3 via ADB Sideload or directly from recovery. Once you flash the latest OxygenOS Open Beta 17 for OnePlus 3, you will start receiving the OTA update of all future update of OxygenOS Open Beta release.
As this is not Over-the -air update, so you will have to download the ZIP file from OnePlus and flash it. As this is in Beta version, there may be some bugs. OnePlus said that there might be wonky functionality or many not work correctly. Also, there may be some performance issues.
Table of Contents
- New additions:
- Ambient display 2.0
- Lift up display
- Sharing functionality for Shot on OnePlus
- All new OnePlus Font (Available in English, Chinese, and Japanese only)
- UI Improvements:
- Gallery v1.7
- Recorder v1.6
- Weather v1.7
- File Manager v1.7
- Other UI refinements
- Enhanced launching speed of 3rd-party apps
- Optimized management of foreground and background processes
- Other changes:
- Setup wizard adjusted to suit the style of Android 7.1
- Refined contact import process from SIM card, now supports dual numbers and an email address
- Automatically add corresponding country codes when making calls during roaming
- Updated Android Security Patch level to 1st May 2017
If you’ve already flashed a previous Open Beta build, you will receive this update via OTA. If you haven’t, you will need to flash this build by ADB sideload. Your data may transfer, but there is always a possibility of losing personal data, so be sure to backup all of your important data before flashing this build. As stated before, once you flash the Open Beta, you’ll continue getting Open Beta OTAs.
ALSO RELATED :
- Download and Install Lineage OS 15 for OnePlus 3 and 3T
- Download Install HydrogenOS Open Beta 14 For OnePlus 3
- Download Official Stable OxygenOS 4.1.4 For OnePlus 3 (OTA + Full ROM)
- How To Unlock Bootloader On OnePlus 3
- OnePlus 3 Stock Firmware Collections
- Download and Install Flyme OS 6 for OnePlus 3 (Android Nougat)
- This Update is only for OnePlus 3 users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Install OxygenOS Open Beta 17 for OnePlus 3
- First of all enable the Developer Option, To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“.
- Download and Install ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac.
- Extract the OxygenOs Open Beta 17.Zip file.
- Copy the Extracted OxygenOs Open Beta 17 files to folder where adb installed.
- Reboot your phone into recovery mode. To do this, shut down your device and turn it back on while holding the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
- In recovery, choose “Install from USB” option in the recovery screen, tap OK to confirm. A screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.
- Connect your OnePlus 3 to PC/Mac using the USB Cable.
- Now in your PC, open the extract ADB Fastboot folder and Press and hold Shift key and Right click on your mouse to open the command prompt window.
- Now type the command in your command window.
- If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK.
- Now flash the OxygenOS Open Beta 17 Zip file using the below command. (filename is the downloaded zip file name)
For Windows: “adb sideload <filename>”
For Mac/Linux: “/adb sideload <filename>"
Wait a while, your phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOS Open Beta 17.
Let us know your feedback on OxygenOs Open Beta 17 for OnePlus 3 in the comment section below.
SOURCE – Click here