Huawei Y6 2018 launched in April 2018. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo and supports Project Treble. We have a good news now! Now you can install Lineage OS 15.1 on Huawei Y6 2018 based on Android 8.1 Oreo. In this guide, we will help you to install the latest Lineage OS 15.1 for Huawei Y6 2018. Thanks to XDA Recognized Developer phhusson for bringing the GSI build of Lineage OS 15.1. Full Credits to him and Lineage OS team. This ROM is based on the latest Android 8.1 Oreo AOSP Phh-Treble modular ROM.
Huawei Y6 2018 was launched in April 2018. Huawei Y6 2018 features a 5.7-inches display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Huawei Y6 2018 comes with 13MP with LED flash rear camera and 5MP front shooting camera for selfies with LED flash. The handset came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo and backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery.
Well, GSI stands for a Generic System image. The moniker “Generic” implies that such software images could be installed on any Treble-enabled device, irrespective of the manufacturer they belong to. We already shared the complete list of devices supported for Android Pie 9.0 Generic System image (GSI). Recently, The ROM development community has completely boosted Custom ROM development with the help of Project treble.
To install Lineage OS 15.1 on Huawei Y6 2018, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery or you can even sideload the image using adb fastboot method without TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Lineage OS 15.1 on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Lineage OS 15.1.
What is Lineage OS 15.1 and their feature?
Lineage OS 15.1 is the latest Stock Custom Firmware based on the official Android 8.1 Oreo AOSP source code. Along with the official Android 8.1 features, the Lineage OS 15.1 also brings tons of features and customization option which allows using your phone beyond the Stock Firmware feature. Lineage OS one of the well-known aftermarket firmware built by the team behind cyanogen. In the Android world, Lineage OS is the currently best custom ROM built with many new features. The Lineage OS 15.1 for Huawei Y6 2018 scheduled with a weekly and nightly update.
Features of Lineage OS 15.1:
- Extra Ambient display features
- Picture adjustment
- RGB color calibration settings
- Display color temperature customization
- LED Notification light settings (Customize)
- Customize Touchscreen gestures
- Performance profiles to save battery and improve the speed
- Lockscreen Customization option
- FlipFlap – smart cover support
- Privacy Guard—control app permissions
- Customize the size of the lock screen pattern
- Quick Settings Customization
- Status Bar Customization such as Double tap to sleep, Clock Settings, Show network traffic, and Status bar tuner
- SystemUI Customization
- Buttons/Navigation Bar
- Calls and Audio/Ringtone customization.
- and other miscellaneous feature.
How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Huawei Y6 2018:
If you are installing custom ROM for the first time, then you must first read the difference between Custom ROM and Stock ROM. We understand you would want to make sure your installation process go as smooth as possible. So before we actually jump to the installation process of Lineage OS 15.1 ROM on Huawei Y6 2018, let’s take a look below at how to backup all your data. When installing this 8.1.0 Oreo-based custom ROM, you’re wiping all your data and system — like a brand new phone.
As a Huawei Y6 2018 user, you have many options to choose from depending on how you want to store your data. These are the some of the tips given below that we want you to keep in mind and then proceed As we said, this ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 8.1 Oreo.
What’s on Android 8.1 Oreo?
As you’d expect, Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest update of Android Oreo. It is an incremental update that builds out some of the new features found in the first version of Oreo, but there’s plenty worth checking out. This doesn’t mean Android 8.1 doesn’t include the new feature because it does. Here are all the features of Android Oreo [8.0/8.1]
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels (8.0)
- Picture In A Picture (8.0)
- Multi-Display Support (8.0)
- Keyboard Navigation (8.0)
- background Limits (8.0)
- New Wi-Fi Features (8.0)
- Better Icons (8.0)
- Autofill (8.0)
- Emoji (8.1)
- Neural Networks API (8.1)
- Pixel Visual Core co-processing technology to third-party developers (8.1)
- and many more
Required ROM and Gapps Package:
- Supported device: Huawei Y6 2018
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- USB Drivers: Download Huawei USB Drivers on your PC.
- Take A Full backUP: (You can try any backup method given below)
How to backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
How to backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium backup
How to backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to unlock the bootloader on Huawei Y6 2018
- Download ADB and Fastboot Zip file
- Nandroid backup: If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid backup via TWRP
- Clear Cache and Dalvik Cache: Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the Recovery Mode.
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.