MetroPCS is the mobile telecommunication network in the USA owned by T-Mobile. Now, LG Aristo 3 (LMX220MA) on Metro By T-mobile started getting a new software update over Android 9.0 Pie. It brings the software version X220MA20b that offers December 2019 Security Patch only to the device. If you’re a MetroPCS LG Aristo 3 device user then you can download and install the firmware from here.
You will get the 1st December 2019 Android Security Patch Level on your device after installing the software update. This patch brings a major bug fix in the Framework component which could cause a permanent denial of service via a remote attacker. Therefore, all the users should upgrade to this latest version. Meanwhile, the OTA update is rolling in batches and you will soon receive the update.
Table of Contents
Check Software Update (OTA)
It’s always a better idea to check for the OTA updates manually on your device at first before flashing the firmware file. Due to the incremental OTA roll-out process, some times the users may receive the update quite late as well.
So, you should check for the OTA updates via the phone Settings > General > Update center > System update > Check for update. If the latest firmware update is available, simply grab it.
- Ensure that your phone is fully charged.
- Keep connected your handset to a Wi-Fi network before downloading the OTA update.
If in case, you’re not getting the OTA update due to some unfortunate reasons, then you can manually install the firmware update on your MetroPCS LG Aristo 3 model easily by following the guide below. But let’s take a look at the firmware info and changelog as well.
Firmware Details and Changelog:
- Model: LMX220MA
- Software Version: X220MA20b
- Android Security Patch Level: December 2019
- OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
Android security patch level December 2019
Steps to Install MetroPCS LG Aristo 3 December 2019 patch: X220MA20b
We will follow the flash tool guide to install or update the LG stock firmware on the MetroPCS LG Aristo 3 device. We have provided the full guide below. Check it out. Before going to the installation process, let’s take a look at the requirements as well.
- The ROM is only supported for the MetroPCS LG Aristo 3 model. Don’t use it with other devices.
- Keep your device charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and USB cable to connect your device with the PC.
- Take a Complete Backup without Root on your phone before installing any new firmware.
- Download and Install the latest LG USB Drivers on your computer.
- LG Bridge software – Download and install it on your PC.
- Download LG FlashTool and LG UP on your PC and install it.
Here is the download link for the new October 2019 security patch update based stock firmware for the MetroPCS LG Aristo 3 (LMX220MA). Then follow the full installation guide.
Installation Guide for Firmware: X220MA20b
After downloading the firmware file, you need to use LG Flash Tool to flash it on your device. Here is a detailed guide that you can follow to install the firmware on your device.
We hope this guide will be helpful to you and you’ve successfully installed or updated the Stock Firmware version X220MA20b on your LG Aristo 3 device. If in case, you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.