The Xiaomi Mi A3 was launched in 2019 that has a Super AMOLED display, Android 9.0 Pie (Android One), SDM665 SoC, 4GB/6GB RAM, 64GB/128GB internal storage, 48MP triple rear cameras, a 32MP selfie camera, a 4030mAh battery with 18W fast charging, and more. Though the Mi A3 users are looking for the latest Android 10 stable update for a couple of months, the software development process has been affected due to the Coronavirus outbreak in China and other regions as well. Currently, Xiaomi has released Mi A3 February 2020 Security patch that you can download and install from this guide.
The new software update bumps up a new software version V10.3.15.0.PFQEUXM for the Mi A3 (Codenamed as laurel sprout) based on Android 9.0 Pie. It comes with a file size of 86.4MB and rolling out as an OTA update via batches. So, we can expect that the update may take a couple of days or so to hit all the units completely. If you don’t know, the latest February 2020 Android Security Patchset offers system stability and security enhancements.
Now, if you’re interested to upgrade your Mi A3 to this latest security patchset, then we will recommend you check for OTA updates manually on your device. Meanwhile, if you don’t want to wait further or haven’t received the update notification yet, you can manually flash the firmware on your device by following the full-depth guide below.
Table of Contents
- 1 Manually Check Software Update (OTA)
- 2 Firmware Info: Mi A3 February 2020 Security patch
- 3 Steps to Install Mi A3 February 2020 Security patch (V10.3.15.0.PFQEUXM)
- 4 Installation guide: Mi A3 February 2020 Security patch
Manually Check Software Update (OTA)
As most of the firmware updates roll-out as an OTA in an incremental manner, you should check for the OTA update manually on your device. In order to check OTA updates, head over to the device Settings >> System >> tap on System update.
If the latest firmware V10.3.15.0.PFQEUXM update is available, just download and install it. Make sure to keep your device charged more than 50% and connect to a Wi-Fi network as well for a stable & faster download.
Now, let’s take a quick look at the firmware details below:
Firmware Info: Mi A3 February 2020 Security patch
- Device Name: Xiaomi Mi A3
- Codename: laurel sprout
- Baseband Version: V10.3.15.0.PFQEUXM
- Security Patch Level: 2020-02-01 (February)
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
- GApps: Included
- Type: Software Update (Global Stable ROM)
Steps to Install Mi A3 February 2020 Security patch (V10.3.15.0.PFQEUXM)
Before going to the firmware flashing steps manually, follow the required points below at first.
- This firmware is for the Xiaomi Mi A3 model only. Make sure that your Mi A3 handset is running a Stock ROM. [Do not try on other models]
- Keep your device charged more than 50% at least.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- The bootloader of Mi A3 should be unlocked.
- Take a complete backup fo your device data. It’s a good practice to keep a backup every time before flashing anything.
- Download and Install the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC. [Android USB Drivers]
- Download and Install ADB & Fastboot on your computer.
Installation guide: Mi A3 February 2020 Security patch
There are two different ways to flash the Stock Firmware on your Mi A3 device for Recovery or OTA update. Let’s take a look at both the steps below. You have to follow one method from them according to your downloaded firmware.
Steps to Install TWRP Flashable Zip
- We assume that you’ve already unlocked the bootloader on your Mi A3 device by following the guide above.
- The TWRP Recovery must be installed on your device in order to flash the firmware zip file.
- Download and move the flashable Stock ROM zip file on the device storage.
- Next, enter your device into Recovery Mode that’s the TWRP mode in this case.
- If you have installed the TWRP Recovery, then you can create a Nandroid backup on your phone as well.
- From the main menu of TWRP, tap on the Install button. Browse and select the ROM zip file.
- Confirm it and Swipe to flash.
- Next, perform Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache.
- Restart your phone and you’re done.
Steps to Flash Fastboot ROM
- First of all, download the Fastboot ROM zip file from above.
- Now, extract the file with .bat extension from the ROM zip file.
- Make sure that ADB & Fastboot is installed. Here ADB and Fastboot will require for this process.
- You have to enter your Mi A3 device into Fastboot mode by press and hold Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Now, connect your device to the PC/Laptop via a USB cable.
- In the fastboot mode, select the firmware file with .bat extension and flash it manually.
- Wait for it to install completely. Reboot your device.
Additionally, you can ADB Sideload OTA zip file on your Mi A3 device in order to upgrade the firmware easily. Check out the steps below:
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this article useful and successfully installed the latest February 2020 patch on your Mi A3 device. If you’ve any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.