Xiaomi has launched its budget-segment smartphone called Redmi Note 8 (codenamed as ginkgo) in September 2019. Now, the device has started receiving the latest MIUI 11 update with plenty of features and the latest November 2019 security patch in Indonesia based on Android 9.0 Pie. The new MIUI 11-based firmware OTA update is making its way in batches with a software version V220.127.116.11.PCOIDXM. If you’re a Redmi Note 8 Indonesian variant user, then you can upgrade your handset from this guide. You can Download MIUI 18.104.22.168 Indonesia Stable ROM for Redmi Note 8 [V22.214.171.124.PCOIDXM].
The OTA update may take a couple of days or more to arrive completely. It brings the optimized full-screen UI, nature sounds, dynamic notification sounds, Mi Share, documents preview, Mi Doc viewer, printing, quick reply. Additionally, it offers Game Turbo, system, enhanced system security with November 2019 patch, app lock, improved lock screen, status bar, & notification shade, game booster, and more optimizations. Now, you can follow our full-depth guide below. Now, take a quick look at the update changelog below.
Manually Check OTA Update
As Xiaomi always releases the software OTA update in a phased manner to a limited number of users at first. So, you may have to wait for a few days or more depending on the region and carrier. The broader roll-out process starts within a couple of days. However, if you’re not receiving the OTA update notification, then check for it manually.
Now, go to the device Settings > tap on About Phone > select Software update. If the latest MIUI 126.96.36.199 Indonesia Stable ROM for Redmi Note 8 update is available, just upgrade your device. Make sure to connect your device to Wi-Fi and should be charged up to 50% at least.
Changelog: MIUI 188.8.131.52 Indonesia Stable ROM for Redmi Note 8
- Comprehensive design optimized for full-screen display devices
- Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create a system where nothing stands between you and the content
- Sounds of nature
- Wake up to the gentle sounds of nature with our new alarm ringtones
- Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
- Mi Share
- Transfer files from phone to phone at breakneck speeds
- Preview your documents before you open them
- Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer
- Print photos and files directly from your phone without installing any additional apps
- More features
- Tasks. Manage and edit your tasks in the Notes app. Receive timely notifications and mark things done.
- Quick replies. Reply to messages from any app.
- Game Turbo. Turn your device into an ultimate gaming console.
- Record and track your menstruation cycle
- New: Editing, sharing, and customizing your screenshots is now much easier
- Optimization: Lock screen pocket mode
- Updated Android Security Patch to November 2019. Increased system security.
- App lock
- New: Locking Google contacts is available now
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- New: Use your fingerprint to open Home screen once you unlocked the device using face data and stayed on the Lock screen
- New: Different options for hiding the notch
- Fix: Call-time bubble overlapped with notification icons
- Optimization: More obvious naming for local time
- Game speed booster
- New: Continuous swiping opens an additional menu in Game Turbo now
- New: Floating windows for incoming calls during games
- Optimization: You can open the gaming toolbox by swiping from the top side of the screen
- New: You can create a Home screen shortcut for Game Turbo now
- Fix: Hands-free call duration wasn’t displayed correctly in Game Turbo
- Refreshed start page of Game Turbo
- Auto brightness, screenshot gestures, and Reading mode can be turned off automatically when Game Turbo is on
- A major upgrade for the toolbox in Game Turbo: autoplay and switching between data SIM cards are available now
Steps to Install MIUI 184.108.40.206 Indonesia Stable ROM for Redmi Note 8 [V220.127.116.11.PCOIDXM]
Before going to the firmware installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements and downloads at first.
- Firmware Supported: for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 model only.
- Keep your phone charged more than 60%.
- Take a full backup of device data without root. If in case, anything goes wrong, you will get back your important data.
- Next, you will require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
Instructions to install: MIUI 18.104.22.168 Indonesia Stable ROM for Redmi Note 8
Here we have provided two methods to install the MIUI 22.214.171.124 update on your Redmi Note 8 via Recovery or Fastboot method manually. Check out the full guide below. Additionally, we have provided a video tutorial as well for your ease.Guide to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot] Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
Now, we hope you’ve installed or updated your Redmi Note 8 device to the latest firmware version V126.96.36.199.PCOIDXM successfully. For any queries, let us know in the comments below.