After rolling out the MIUI 11 update for the Redmi 8 model, the Chinese smartphone OEM Xiaomi has started rolling out the new software update for the Redmi 8 European variant. The new update brings the latest December 2019 security patch along with some of the bug fixes. If you’re a Redmi 8 European variant user and want to upgrade your device to the latest version, you can follow this full guide. Here you can Download MIUI 184.108.40.206 Europe Stable ROM for Redmi 8 [V220.127.116.11.PCNEUXM].
The new software update bumps up a new software version V18.104.22.168.PCNEUXM based on Android 9 Pie. It offers bug fixes like overlapped images in the scrolling screenshots, couldn’t open notification settings in the notification shade in the Second space. Most importantly, it brings the December 2019 Android Security Patch Level that offers a security vulnerability fix. Otherwise, the bug could enable a remote attacker in the framework component to cause a permanent denial of service remotely.
Check Software Update
Xiaomi roll-out software OTA updates in an incremental mode and takes some days to arrive completely. Currently, the update is available for the European variant only and will soon hit other regions as well. Now, if in case, your Redmi 8 device hasn’t received the OTA update yet for some reason, then don’t worry.
Either you can manually check the OTA update or install the firmware on your handset by following our full-depth guide below. Make sure to charge your device fully and connect to a Wi-Fi network before upgrading your device.
Go to the device Settings > About Phone > Software Update. If the latest V22.214.171.124.PCNEUXM update is available, simply grab it. Meanwhile, you can check the OTA update via the Software Updater app as well.
Changelog: MIUI 126.96.36.199 Europe Stable ROM for Redmi 8
- Updated Android Security Patch to December 2019. Increased system security.
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- Fix: Couldn’t open notification settings in the Notification shade in Second space
- Fix: Images overlapped in scrolling screenshots
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers then install it on the computer.
- Xiaomi Mi Flash tool – Download and Install it on your PC as well. (for Fastboot Method)
- Download MIUI 188.8.131.52.PCNEUXM – Recovery ROM | Fastboot ROM
- This firmware is exclusive for Redmi 8 (European) model only.
- Ensure your device is fully charged.
- Take a full backup of the device data without Root.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB cable are required.
Steps to Install MIUI 184.108.40.206 Europe Stable ROM for Redmi 8
There are two methods to install the Stock Firmware on your Redmi 8 such as Recovery or Fastboot method. You can follow one method according to your preference. Let’s jump into the guide below:Guide to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot]
You can also check out the full-depth video guide below:Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide helpful and installed or updated the December 2019 patch on your Redmi 8 European variant successfully. For any queries, let us know in the comments below.