Xiaomi has released a new stable firmware update for the Redmi Note 8 (Codenamed as ginkgo) in India based on Android 9.0 Pie. The latest MIUI 18.104.22.168 India Stable ROM for Redmi Note 8 [V22.214.171.124.PCOINXM] brings all the MIUI 11 specific features and improvements. The software update bumps up the new software version V126.96.36.199.PCOINXM along with the November 2019 patch as well. Now, if you’re using the Redmi Note 8 Indian variant then you can download and install the firmware file on your handset from the guide below.
It’s worth mentioning that the MIUI 188.8.131.52 update offers optimized full-screen display design, nature sounds, document optimization, quick replies, game turbo mode, app vault, game speed booster, etc. The firmware airborne update is making its way in an incremental process, therefore not all the device users will get the update at the same time. However, you can manually check for the OTA update on your phone. Before going to the update steps, have a look at the update changelog below.
MIUI 184.108.40.206 India Stable ROM for Redmi Note 8: Changelog
- Comprehensive design optimized for full-screen display devices
- Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create a system where nothing stands between you and the content
- Sounds of nature
- Wake up to the gentle sounds of nature with our new alarm ringtones
- Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
- Preview your documents before you open them
- Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer
- More features
- Tasks. Manage and edit your tasks in the Notes app. Receive timely notifications and mark things done.
- Quick replies. Reply to messages from any app.
- Game Turbo. Turn your device into an ultimate gaming console.
- Record and track your menstruation cycle
- New: Editing, sharing, and customizing your screenshots is now much easier
- Optimization: Lock screen pocket mode
- Updated Android Security Patch to November 2019. Increased system security.
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- New: Different options for hiding the notch
- Optimization: More obvious naming for local time
- New: Quick replies for messaging apps
- App vault
- Optimization: Improved the “Stocks” card
- Game speed booster
- New: Continuous swiping opens an additional menu in Game Turbo now
- New: You can create a Home screen shortcut for Game Turbo now
- Refreshed start page of Game Turbo
- Auto brightness, screenshot gestures, and Reading mode can be turned off automatically when Game Turbo is on
- A major upgrade for the toolbox in Game Turbo: autoplay and switching between data SIM cards are available now
Check OTA Update Manually
As we already mentioned due to the incremental roll-out process, the OTA update will take some time to arrive. Therefore, we will recommend you to keep checking the software update periodically.
Go to phone’s Settings -> select About Phone -> tap on software update. If the latest MIUI 220.127.116.11 India Stable ROM for Redmi Note 8 is available to download, you should upgrade your device. Whereas Xiaomi also provides the standalone software updater app on MIUI running devices. You can also check OTA from there.
Steps to Install MIUI 18.104.22.168 India Stable ROM for Redmi Note 8 [V22.214.171.124.PCOINXM]
However, if the OTA update isn’t appearing on your handset for a while, don’t get upset. Here we have provided the full step-by-step guide to install the firmware on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 device.
Make sure to follow all the requirements and downloads before heading over to the installation process.
- Only Redmi Note 8 users can install this firmware. Ensure that you’re using the stock ROM.
- Keep your phone charged up to 60% at least.
- Take a full Data Backup on your device for safety reasons.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable required.
- Download and Install the USB Driver and flash tool on the PC.
Installation Instructions: MIUI 126.96.36.199 India Stable ROM for Redmi Note 8
There are two official and easy methods to install the MIUI 188.8.131.52 firmware update on your Redmi Note 8 either via Recovery or via Fastboot method manually. Now, without a further ado, let’s go:Guide to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot] Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
Let’s assume that you’ve successfully installed or updated the latest firmware V184.108.40.206.PCOINXM on your Redmi Note 8. You can comment below for any queries.