Almost two weeks ago, Xiaomi has rolled out MIUI 18.104.22.168 stable update in Indonesia for Redmi Note 8 with the November 2019 patch and all the MIUI 11 native features & improvements. Currently, the Chinese smartphone manufacturer has released the new MIUI 22.214.171.124 Indonesia Stable ROM for Redmi Note 8 [V126.96.36.199.PCOIDXM]. This is basically the rollback update to that previous version. If you’re already running the previous MIUI 188.8.131.52 ROM then you should receive the OTA update very soon.
However, you can manually download the firmware and install it on your Redmi Note 8 (codenamed as ginkgo) Indonesian variant easily by following our full-depth guide below. Whereas, the latest update bumps up the new software version V184.108.40.206.PCOIDXM over Android 9.0 Pie. It’s also worth mentioning that the new update has almost identical features and improvements which we have seen in an earlier update. Meanwhile, you can check for the OTA update below.
Check OTA Update
As the firmware OTA update is making its way in batches, so it will take some time to arrive on all the Redmi Note 8 device users. However, it’s recommended to keep checking OTA updates on an interval basis.
Now, head over to the device Settings > About Phone > Software update. If you find that the latest MIUI 220.127.116.11 Indonesia Stable ROM for Redmi Note 8 software version is available, then simply grab it.
Changelog: MIUI 18.104.22.168 Indonesia Stable ROM for Redmi Note 8
- Comprehensive design optimized for full-screen display devices
- Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create a system where nothing stands between you and the content
- Sounds of nature
- Wake up to the gentle sounds of nature with our new alarm ringtones
- Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
- Preview your documents before you open them
- Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer
- More features
- Tasks. Manage and edit your tasks in the Notes app. Receive timely notifications and mark things done.
- Quick replies. Reply to messages from any app.
- Game Turbo. Turn your device into an ultimate gaming console.
- Record and track your menstruation cycle
- New: Editing, sharing, and customizing your screenshots is now much easier
- Optimization: Lock screen pocket mode
- Updated Android Security Patch to November 2019. Increased system security.
- App lock
- New: Locking Google contacts is available now
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- New: Use your fingerprint to open Home screen once you unlocked the device using face data and stayed on the Lock screen
- New: Different options for hiding the notch
- Fix: Call-time bubble overlapped with notification icons
- Optimization: More obvious naming for local time
- New: Quick replies for messaging apps
- Game speed booster
- New: Continuous swiping opens an additional menu in Game Turbo now
- New: Floating windows for incoming calls during games
- Optimization: You can open the gaming toolbox by swiping from the top side of the screen
- New: You can create a Home screen shortcut for Game Turbo now
- Fix: Hands-free call duration wasn’t displayed correctly in Game Turbo
- Refreshed start page of Game Turbo
- Auto brightness, screenshot gestures, and Reading mode can be turned off automatically when Game Turbo is on
- A major upgrade for the toolbox in Game Turbo: autoplay and switching between data SIM cards are available now
Steps to Install MIUI 22.214.171.124 Indonesia Stable ROM for Redmi Note 8 [V126.96.36.199.PCOIDXM]
We have shared two firmware installation method for Redmi Note 8. Now, follow the requirements and download links below.
- This firmware is only for the Redmi Note 8 Indonesian variant.
- Keep the battery level more than 60% minimum.
- Take a full backup of device data (No Root) to get back your data easily.
- Requires a PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
Instructions to install:
Either you can install the 188.8.131.52 Indonesia Stable ROM for Redmi Note 8 via Recovery or Fastboot method manually.Guide to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot]
Follow the video tutorial as well:Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve installed or updated the latest ROM on your Redmi Note 8 successfully. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.