Xiaomi has released the second update after MIUI 11 for its Mi Note 3 (Codenamed as jason) global variant devices. The MIUI 126.96.36.199 Global Stable ROM for Mi Note 3 [V188.8.131.52.PCHMIXM] brings some of the bug fixes and the latest November 2019 security patch as well. It bumps up the new software version V184.108.40.206.PCHMIXM based on Android 9.0 Pie. All the Mi Note 3 Global variant users will soon receive the OTA update or can manually install the firmware by following our full-depth guide below.
Thanks to Google’s Project Zero Security Analysis Team for identifying a major security bug in the Framework component that could enable a remote attacker to make a permanent denial of service. The November 2019 Android Security Patch Level has fixed that issue. Meanwhile, the MIUI 220.127.116.11 update also brings a fix for notification settings that couldn’t open in the notification shade in the Second space. It also fixes the images overlapped issue in scrolling screenshots.
- Updated Android Security Patch to November 2019. Increased system security.
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- Fix: Couldn’t open notification settings in the Notification shade in Second space
- Fix: Couldn’t open the Notification shade in some cases
- Optimization: More obvious naming for local time
- Fix: Images overlapped in scrolling screenshots
Check Software Update
The software update is rolling via OTA in batches and will take some time to arrive on all the Mi Note 3 Global devices depending on the server or carrier. Therefore, all the Mi Note 3 Global variant users should check for the OTA update manually.
In order to check OTA updates, go to the device Settings > About Phone > Software update. Alternatively, you can directly go to the Software Updater app on your device. If the new firmware version is available, you can download and install it.
Keep in mind that your device should be connected to a Wi-Fi network and charged more than 60% at least.
Steps to Install MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM for Mi Note 3
Before installing the firmware update on your device manually, make sure to check out the pre-requirements and downloads as well.
- Keep in mind that this firmware update file is supported for the Xiaomi Mi Note 3 Global variant.
- Your device should be running on the official Stock Firmware in order to apply this update.
- Make sure to maintain the battery juice on your phone more than 60%.
- Take a full data backup on your device to protect all the important data.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
Instructions to Install: MIUI 22.214.171.124 Global Stable ROM for Mi Note 3
We hope that you’ve followed all the pre-requirements and downloads completely. Now, you can head over to the MIUI 126.96.36.199 Global Stable ROM installation guide on your Mi Note 3. You can either follow the Recovery method or Fastboot method. Additionally, we have put up the video tutorial guide for your ease.
That’s it, guys. We assume that you’ve easily installed the latest MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global Stable ROM on your Mi Note 3. You can ask in the comments below for any queries.