Xiaomi Redmi 8A is another entry-level budget segment smartphone from Xiaomi, launched in September 2019. It runs on Android 9.0 Pie over MIUI 11 and features SDM439 SoC, HD+ display, 2GB/3GB/4GB RAM, 32GB/64GB eMMC storage, 12MP rear camera, 8MP selfie camera, a bigger 5,000mAh battery, 18W fast charging, and more. Now, the MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 8A with a software version V184.108.40.206.PCPMIXM that you can download and install from below.
Now, talking about the new software update, the Redmi 8A (Codenamed as olivelite) is getting a couple of improvements like a new music card in the App vault, EU privacy adjustments, etc. Although these are the general improvements, if you want to keep updated with the latest software version, you should upgrade your device. In order to do that, either you can check for OTA updates or install the firmware manually on your handset.
- App vault
- New: Music card
- EU privacy adjustments
Manually Check OTA Update
Some times, it may happen that not all the same unit users receive the OTA update at the same time. It may be possible due to a phased roll-out process. Therefore, it’s recommended to check for OTA updates manually on your device if you can’t wait further. Keep in mind that the broader roll-out will start very soon globally.
In order to check OTA updates, follow the steps below:
- Head over to the device Settings > About Phone > Software update to check for OTA updates whether the new software version V220.127.116.11.PCPMIXM is available or not. If yes, just download and install it.
- Meanwhile, you can do this via the Software Updater app as well on your device.
- Make sure to connect your handset to a Wi-Fi network or a cellular network and keep charged your phone fully.
Steps to Install MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 8A [V22.214.171.124.PCPMIXM]
Follow the full requirements and download links below before proceeding to the firmware installation steps.
- This ROM is exclusive for the Xiaomi Redmi 8A model. Make sure that your phone is running the stock firmware to apply this update.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required.
- Ensure to keep a Full Backup of the Device Data to keep your data recoverable.
- Maintain more than 60% of the battery level at least.
Instructions to Install: MIUI 126.96.36.199 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 8A
Now, after following all the necessary downloads and requirements completely, you’re ready to install MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global Stable ROM on Redmi 8A. Here we have shared both the Recovery and Fastboot method to install the MIUI Stock Firmware on your Xiaomi device.
Check out the video tutorial as well:
Let’s assume that you’ve already upgraded or installed the latest MIUI firmware on your Redmi 8A handset. For any queries, let us know in the comments below.