If you sport a Nokia smartphone, then you can blindly trust its software support system. It is one of the best OEMs that makes great devices for all range of customers and provides perfect software support. The Nokia devices provide the near-stock Android experience. So, undoubtedly the experience includes getting a security patch every month. We know Google lists out a number of security issues every month which are addressed by security patches. So, any device getting such a fix at the right time makes it a desirable smartphone. Nokia smartphones fall into that category. Speaking of which, currently the Nokia 2.1 and Nokia 2.2 November 2019 security patch is rolling out. It is based on Android 9.0 Pie.
The update for both the devices are rolling out globally. The changelog doesn’t mention any specific updates or fixes. however, we all know that a security patch from Google itself brings fixes for a lot of security vulnerabilities. So, definitely it is a big deal that you should download and install this update.
Though the update is rolling over-the-air, everyone may not receive it right away. So, as an alternative, you can flash the OTA zip carrying the November patch on your respective Nokia devices. We have got the OTA zip file and the basic installation guide which you can use and install the Nokia 2.1 and Nokia 2.2 November 2019 Security patch.
Table of Contents
Download OTA Update
You can always manually search for the OTA update if you missed out on the automatic software update from the OEM. usually, OTA rolls in batches and this process takes time for all the users from various regions to receive the update. So, instead of waiting, it is advisable to search and capture the software manually.
Go to device Settings > System > Updates > tap on Check for Updates. If the update is already available in your region, you will get a notification for the same. As you see the new update, download and install it.
- Use Wi-Fi to download and install the update as it will be faster and you will save carrier data charges on it. The OTA for Nokia 2.1 weighs 47.3 MB.
- Make sure that your device’s battery is charged up to 50% before installing the new update.
You May Also Like,
- Download November 2019 security update for Nokia 8 Sirocco
- Install November 2019 security patch on Nokia 6.1 Plus and Nokia 7 Plus
Steps to Install Nokia 2.1/Nokia 2.2 November 2019 Security patch
The installation process requires you to flash the OTA firmware via stock recovery of your respective device. We have properly explained it below.
- The OTA files we shared in this guide are exclusive to the Nokia 2.1 and Nokia 2.2. Do not try to install it on any other device.
- Charge your device up to 50% or more before installing the software.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device data before installing the new software on your device.
Nokia 2.1 November Patch| OTA Download
Nokia 2.2 November patch | OTA Download [link will be updated soon]
Instructions to install
The process for installing the latest November update involves ADB sideloading the OTA zip from the stock recovery.
- Download the OTA zip and move it to your device storage.
- Switch off your device
- Press the Volume Up+ Power button to enter the stock recovery mode.
- Now, you will see the recovery screen with many options. There is an option called Apply Update from ADB.
- Scroll to the option using the Volume Up/Down button on your device. To select it, use the Power button.
- Now browse for the OTA zip you moved into your storage.
- Confirm and use the power button to flash the OTA file.
- The installation will take some time. After it’s over you will be back to the Stock Recovery home screen.
- Scroll to the option Reboot System Now. Use the power button to select it.
That’s it, folks. Install the latest software update and step up the security patch of your Nokia 2.1 and Nokia 2.2 to November 2019. If you got any doubts do let us know.