Finally, after months of trial and error, Oneplus gifts stable Android 9.0 Pie to the users of OnePlus 5/5T on the eve of Christmas. The latest system upgrade comes in the form of OxygenOS 9.0.0. It pushes the new build number ONEPLUS A5000_24_181223. Users can now download the OTA for OxygenOS 9.0.0 for OnePlus 5 and 5T with Stable Android Pie. With the fresh new Pie OS, the device also getting a lot of new features. This includes a new interface, new Gaming Mode 3.0 and all new Do Not Disturb. Of course, the popular navigation gesture also marks its entry but it is only limited to onePlus 5T. The camera is now integrated with the visual assistant Google Lens. The December 2018 security patch from Google also accompanies this update.
Capturing the OxygenOS 9.0.0 Android Pie Update OTA
The latest system update is rolling over-the-air. It will cover all the regions gradually. Your phone will itself grab the OTA when it begins rolling in your region. It weighs in around 1.7 GB. If the software update is delayed, you can search for it manually as well. To do it,
- Go to device Settings –> System–>System Updates
- Tap on System updates –> Check for the official OTA update of OnePlus OxygenOS 9.0.0 on your respective 5 and 5T.
If the update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install it. As it is a huge software update, connect to a Wi-Fi network to download the OTA. Make sure to juice up your device up to 50% or more.
Changelog: OxygenOS 9.0.0 for OnePlus 5 and 5T with Stable Android Pie
Here is the complete official changelog of the latest OxygenOS 9.0.0 which packs AndroidPie for OnePlus5/5T.
- Updated system to Android 9 Pie
- Brand new UI for Android Pie
- Brand new navigation gestures (Available for OnePlus 5T only)
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.12
- Other new features and system improvements
- New Gaming mode 3.0
- Added text notification mode
- Added notification for 3rd party calls
- Do Not Disturb mode
- New Do Not Disturb (DND) mode with adjustable settings
- Integrated Google Lens mode
Download OxygenOS 9.0.0 for OnePlus 5 and 5T with Stable Android Pie
Here is the official download link for the latest Android 9.0 Pie stable ROM for OnePlus 5 and 5T.Download Android 9 Pie OxygenOS 9.0.0 Stable ROM for Oneplus 5 Download Android 9 Pie OxygenOS 9.0.0 Stable ROM for Oneplus 5T
How To Manually Flash OxygenOS 9.0.0 for OnePlus 5 and 5T with Stable Android Pie
There are two ways by which we can install the latest OxygenOS 9.0.0 software on OnePlus 5/5T. The first one is the local upgrade method where you have to move the ROM zip file to your device storage. Then install it by booting the phone into recovery mode. The second method is by flashing the ROM via ADB Sideload method. You can check out both the methods below.
Before moving to the OTA zip file flashing process. you have to follow certain instructions and install few tools and utilities.
- These ROM files are exclusively for OnePlus 5/5T devices.
- Make sure that you have the latest USB drivers installed.
- Ensure to completely charge your phone’s battery to avoid interruption during the update process.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools. (Required for ADB sideloading)
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any damage to your device while/after flashing this update.
How to Flash OxygenOS 9.0.0 Via Local Upgrade
Step-1 Download the OTA zip file and move it to the internal storage on your respective device.
Step-2 Now go to Settings App > System Updates > click on Settings icon > Local Upgrade
Step-3 Select the OTA file you moved in Step-1.
Step-4 Now you will see a prompt screen to upgrade your phone, Click Upgrade Now.
Step-5 Your device will reboot and flash the OTA file via Stock Recovery.
That’s all you have to do. After installing this OxygenOS firmware, your phone will reboot into the latest system version.
Another way to install the latest OxygenOS 9.0.0 on OnePlus 5/5T is by using the ADB Sideload method. You can check the link below for the tutorial.How To Install OxygenOS 9.0.0 Stable Android 9 Pie on Oneplus 5/5T By ADB Sideload Method
So, that’s it. It was a long wait with buggy beta updates but it was worth it. Now, you can enjoy the Pie party for your OnePlus 5 and 5T. So, what are you waiting for..? Download the OxygenOS 9.0.0 for OnePlus 5 and 5T with Stable Android Pie. Install and enjoy.