The new stable software update is now seeding from the OnePlus camp which updates the OnePlus 6T to OxygenOS 9.0.12 based on Android 9 Pie. Also, at the same time, it steps up the security level of the device to that of the January 2019 patch. It also brings deep integration with the Google duo with this update. The deep integration allows the user to make video calls from the Dialer App. It also optimizes the display of the 6T. Along with this, routine bug fixes and device improvements are bundled together with the latest OnePlus 6T OxygenOS 9.0.12.
You can download OxygenOS 9.0.12 Update for OnePlus 6T via OTA. Otherwise, you can also manually install the new software by using the proper firmware. We have outlined both the process below for your convenience to install the latest stable update on your OnePlus 6T.
OxygenOS 9.0.12 Changelog
Here is the changelog of the stable OxygenOS 9.0.12 update.
- Updates Android security patch to 2019.1
- General bug fixes and system improvements
- Deep integration with Google Duo
- Optimizations for display
How to Download OTA OxygenOS 9.0.12 .?
The latest stable update is moving in an incremental manner as it always does. It should automatically find its way into your devices. Though it's rolling in all the regions, everyone will not get to see the software update at one time. You can search for it manually and download it if available in your region.
To do it,
- Go to device Settings --> System Updates-->
- Tap on Software updates > tap on Check for updates
- If the OxygenOS 9.0.12 OTA update. If it is available, then download and install it by following the on-screen instructions.
Connect to a Wi-Fi network to download the OTA update. Charge your device battery up to 70% to avoid any interruptions during installation due to low power. Alternatively, we have also put up the full ROM zip file of OxygenOS 9.0.12 for OnePlus 6T. You can install it on your own using our complete guide. Check it out below.
Download OxygenOS 9.0.12 for OnePlus 6T [Full ROM+OTA]
Here is the link of the ROM zip file to download OxygenOS 9.0.12 for the OnePlus 6T.
Manually Install OxygenOS 9.0.12 for OnePlus 6T
There are two ways by which you can install the latest stable OxygenOS 9.0.12 on OnePlus 6T. The first one is the local upgrade method where you have to copy the firmware zip file to your device storage. Then flash it by booting the phone into recovery mode. The second method is to install the ROM via the ADB Sideload method. You can check out both the methods below.
Before moving ahead with the installation process, you have to follow certain instructions and install some tools and utilities important for this process.
- This ROM file is exclusively for OnePlus 6T device. Don't use it with any other device.
- Make sure that you have the latest USB drivers installed.
- Charge your phone's battery up to 50% or more to avoid interruption during the update process.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools. (Required for ADB sideloading)
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any damage to your device while/after flashing this update.
Flash OxygenOS 9.0.12 on OnePlus 6T by Local Upgrade Method
Step-1 Download the OTA zip file and move it to the internal storage on your respective device.
Step-2 Now go to Settings App > System Updates > click on Settings icon > Local Upgrade
Step-3 Select the OTA file you moved in Step-1.
Step-4 Now you will see a prompt screen to upgrade your phone, Click Upgrade Now.
Step-5 Your device will reboot and flash the OTA file via Stock Recovery.
Now, after installing the latest OxygenOS ROM zip, your device will reboot into the latest system version.
On the other hand, you can also use the ADB Sideloading method to install the OxygenOS 9.0.12 on your 6T. Check the link below to know how to do it.
As the latest update brings important updates, security level step-up and bug fixes, don' miss it out. Download OxygenOS 9.0.12 and install it.